The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,657 Posts
Lexx was.selling a small orange amp that I can't get out of my head. @lexx59

Can't remember his exact handle and I'm on my phone, sorry.

·
Premium Member
18,598 Posts

@LexxM3

He pointed it out to me (quickly) in Elmira and I think it looked like this (IIRC)

@amagras ..Good Luck finding something.

BTW I am patiently waiting to hear some of your recent jazz "style" recordings..hint, hint.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Headphone Amplifiers for Sale in Canada

I have no direct experience, but I hear good things about the ART Headamp4. They should be in all L&M locations, and if you can't try before you buy they do have a good return policy.

You can't just use a headphone y-splitter? There's usually enough power to go around.
Headphone Splitter Cable | Princess Auto
5 Port Audio Splitter | Princess Auto
Audio Control Extention Cable | Princess Auto

Which headphones are you using? What mobile interface?

There's a Behringer HA400 and an ART HeadAmp4. Also M-Audio.
I have a headphone splitter but even compensating for the volume loss it changes the tone and the stereo image noticeably (is it possible that I'm imagining that?). I want to connect a Sennheiser eh350 and a Sony that I don't remember the model to my Komplete Audio 6. Thanks for the suggestions, I will look for the ART Headamp4 right away!

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

@LexxM3

He pointed it out to me (quickly) in Elmira and I think it looked like this (IIRC)

@amagras ..Good Luck finding something.

BTW I am patiently waiting to hear some of your recent jazz "style" recordings..hint, hint.
That's a guitar amp, I'm looking to amplify the signal from the headphone out on my soundcard enough to connect 2 or maybe more sets of headphones. Thanks tho
@greco, I'm still working on that. Thx

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
The Apex one is simple, cheap, small and works well. Powers up to 4 sets of cans.

The Behringer one is actually not a complete waste of money. The only piece of B gear I have kept ( at least a decade old now); works great. Much bigger tho ( 1 full rack unit). Also 4 channel but more advanced features ( really handy when tracking a full band) such as stereo or dual mono input mode with balance/mix control. Also 4 channels ( independant mix) but each channel can power up to 3 sets of cans.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Sorry I can't help out with this but there's some good advice from Hammerhands, Ronmac and Granny Gremlin. Let us know which device you choose.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,197 Posts
I have a Behringer which I have had for almost 10 years now. Check out the Behringer HA400 4-Channel Compact Headphone Amplifier. It's like $40.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
If you only want to play headphones and have no future plan to go through a speaker, why not look into a multi pedal like a Vox Tonelab. You can get one of these for $100 and they sound incredible through a goo pair of headphones.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What's the latency like on the computer's headphone jack?
On the KA6 I get less than 5 ms with 256 and I can
If you only want to play headphones and have no future plan to go through a speaker, why not look into a multi pedal like a Vox Tonelab. You can get one of these for $100 and they sound incredible through a goo pair of headphones.
I just need to expand my headphone count for reference and recording purposes, say an extra pair to record a singer or have one or 2 extra references for mixing (since everything now has to be mixed for iPods).
___

I was hoping someone had tried this but I don't think they sell it in Canada so no biggie, the price is terrific
Pyle Pro PHA40 4-Channel Stereo Headphone Amplifier PHA40 B&H

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one recommending the Behringer (I never recommend anything by them, there's an exception to every rule). I was talking about a diff model though (Powerplay Pro-XL HA4700) more fully featured than the HA400 which seems to be equivalent to the Apex I was talking about). They should be easy/cheap used. Not sure if still in production.

The Apex one is simple, cheap, small and works well. Powers up to 4 sets of cans.

The Behringer one is actually not a complete waste of money. The only piece of B gear I have kept ( at least a decade old now); works great. Much bigger tho ( 1 full rack unit). Also 4 channel but more advanced features ( really handy when tracking a full band) such as stereo or dual mono input mode with balance/mix control. Also 4 channels ( independant mix) but each channel can power up to 3 sets of cans.
So the Apex one is the AHA4:

Just using a splitter can cause issues (especially if the 2 pairs of cans are different - 1 will be louder than the other and/or the folks wearing them like things not at the same level or relative level of both cans at the given output vol setting on your sound card). Dirt cheap, no frills and small.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts