The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I 'm looking for an inexpensive pedal with a built-in drum machine to practice playing along with,

I know of the Trios Pedal but that's too expensive, other suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

P

·
0 Posts
I think most of the newer cheapies like Zoom or Maybe Behringer have built in drum machines.

If you want to go really cheap, just use the internet for drum beats. There are tons of really good backing tracks and drum loops for free... You could even use your cheap pedal as an interface and run everything through a PC or laptop...

P

·
0 Posts
To answer a question about the interface... Most newer pedals will also have a usb out. You can then plug your guitar into the multi-effects pedal and then go from the fx pedal usb to your pc. Then you use a free recording software, or the software that comes with the pedal, and you can play your guitar through the computer. There are also many free fx plugins etc. available online as well. If you ask your question here, there will be others with more experience on the cheap side. I bought more expensive gear... the principle is the same though.

P

·
0 Posts
I 'm looking for an inexpensive pedal with a built-in drum machine to practice playing along with,

I know of the Trios Pedal but that's too expensive, other suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Studio One has free software, Reaper demo is free for ever, Sonoma Wireworks Riffworks has a free version with some great demo drums and a real easy way to record using coloured blocks... etc.

A used plain interface can be had for probably $20-$40 bucks. No effects, just to convert your guitar signal to your computer...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Studio One has free software, Reaper demo is free for ever, Sonoma Wireworks Riffworks has a free version with some great demo drums and a real easy way to record using coloured blocks... etc
A used plain interface can be had for probably $20-$40 bucks. No effects, just to convert your guitar signal to your computer...
I do have a Focusrite 2i2, can this be used for this purpose?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want to play along with my guitar & amp so volume levels is
Absolutely. What recording software do you have?
I have not used the interface so I have no software as of yet, this is all very new to me so I'm not up to date on most of this!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want to play along with my guitar & amp so volume levels is

I have not used the interface so I have no software as of yet, this is all very new to me so I'm not up to date on most of this!
I want to keep this very simple and not adding expenses such as monitors etc...
A pedal to add to my signal chain and using my amp is probably more my speed. Suggestions on inexpensive pedals, I am aware of the Digitech RP50, if forum members can suggest other pedals plus reviews I would greatly appreciate it.

P

·
0 Posts
I do have a Focusrite 2i2, can this be used for this purpose?
You will want a software guitar amp program/plugin. There are free ones and demo onesthat work stand alone. Check out Amplitube Free. It will come with some amps, cabs, mikes and basic fx. There are many other freebee ones as well. Then you can play the drums in YouTube and your guitar through Amplitube or similar. All through your computer or laptop.

There is a member here Amagras who is an expert in this, and has a ton of great instructional YouTube vids on how to use the free stuff and what is good etc.

https://www.guitarscanada.com/index.php?members/amagras.13872/

P

·
0 Posts
I want to keep this very simple and not adding expenses such as monitors etc...
A pedal to add to my signal chain and using my amp is probably more my speed. Suggestions on inexpensive pedals, I am aware of the Digitech RP50.
You don't have any computer speakers? Go to Value Village and get some for $5.

P

·
0 Posts
You don't have any computer speakers? Go to Value Village and get some for $5.
If a set of computer speaker is out of your budget I don't see how you will buy a multi-fx unit with a built in drummer then. Good luck though. I am sure others will help you figure something out.

P

·
0 Posts
I was under the impression certain monitors were required..
For recording you want flat response so it plays back what you have recorded. Sometimes they are called nearfield monitors. But for jamming any speakers will do. Of course I would get the best ones I could, but at Value Village there is usually a good selection. I have a set of Logitech PC speakers with a bass box and 2 speakers, they are really nice sounding for what they are.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For recording you want flat response so it plays back what you have recorded. Sometimes they are called nearfield monitors. But for jamming any speakers will do. Of course I would get the best ones I could, but at Value Village there is usually a good selection. I have a set of Logitech PC speakers with a bass box and 2 speakers, they are really nice sounding for what they are.
I think I prefer just using an inexpensive pedal through my pedal board.
If others have used any of these pedals I would like how i
Here is Amagras' YouTube channel. Tons of videos on the topic... Andrei Martinez Agras
Player99, thanks for the link....a great resource!!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Mooer Micro Drummer

or Mooer PE100

Beatbuddy Mini

You should find the Trio pretty cheap, $90 NIB on Kijiji in Oshawa.

Also various looper pedals.

Do you have an amp with two separate channels?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts