The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a simple vocal effects pedal. Something that will give me some eq, maybe compression and perhaps reverb and delay. I would also like to have some sort of auto-tune abilities. IF there is a killer larger pedal that I should look at please let me know. I don't think I need 4 octave harmonies etc. But ya never know.

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,823 Posts
Reactions: Kenmac

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
After messing around with some of them I found that the TC Helicon Voicetone T1 works best for me. It just has compression/de essing and shape (whatever that is). Also has a warmth button which I leave off. Simple pedal and turned out to be the best for me and I don’t need pitch correction. This one cost about $100 when I bought it.

TC Helicon Mic Mechanic is similar but has reverb/echo and variable pitch correction plus a tone button similar to the warmth button on the other one.

I’ve used the more complex Helicon voice things with memory settings and so on but they sounded too processed and cost like 600 or more. I thought pitch correction on them was kinda fucked up and didn’t like it.

Mic Mechanic might be close to what you are looking for and not very expensive. Maybe 150 last time I looked.

I tried a lot of spensive mics and settled on the cheapass SM 58 which for me works best.

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Agrees with the Mic Mechanic. That's what fits with what you said you need although the eq, compressor and de-ess are automatic or what they call adaptive. So it does this things on its own when you press on the Tone button. It also has reverb, echo, delay, plus the variable pitch correction.

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,823 Posts
I was unaware they updated the mic mechanic pedal. I thought the original was lacking.

Echo, reverb, and soft correction. The tone button on it is auto EQ, comp, and de-essing. Switch turns on/off verb/delay and can set a tap tempo. Super simple interface. I like it!

I rescind my previous suggestion. Mic Mechanic 2 all the way!

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts