The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations on a LP type guitar with small neck radius, as much as possible. Can anyone recommend one. Gibson or Epiphone models mostly, no pointy guitars or shredders. Something light that i can play for a few hours. Budget around 750.00.
Much appreciated guys and gals.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Epiphone Elite/Elitist if you can find one. 12” radius though but slim 60’s style neck

Or by small radius, do you mean something in the Strat/Tele territory?

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Epiphone Elite/Elitist if you can find one. 12” radius though but slim 60’s style neck

Or by small radius, do you mean something in the Strat/Tele territory?
Scotty i guess a Tele Strat type would be good for me but dont know if this exists.

·
Registered
12,368 Posts
studio pro has modern weight relief, (mine is lighter than strat) also has push/pull splitting, modern 60s neck w/compound radius board. can be had used for about the price you mentioned

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
studio pro has modern weight relief, (mine is lighter than strat) also has push/pull splitting, modern 60s neck w/compound radius board. can be had used for about the price you mentioned
Thanks Cheezy. I see a few for sale on the forum at good prices. Worth a closer look.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
I would recommend the SEs too but the neck are not small. Marc, I can lend you my Epiphone es339 with p90s. It's light, it's got single coils and the neck is not too big. I also have a couple of SEs. Let me know. Oh and if you can find a 60's Tribute those would have smaller necks.

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would recommend the SEs too but the neck are not small. Marc, I can lend you my Epiphone es339 with p90s. It's light, it's got single coils and the neck is not too big.
I might take you up on your offer my friend.

·
Banned
357 Posts
LOL, good to know that there is one up for sale in the forum. By the way, what is the neck like on that one?
Definitely on the thinner/smaller end. Not Ibanez skinny flat style , in the Gibson world it may be referred to as 60s slim taper.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
@marcos are you after something with a rounder fingerboard radius or a thinner neck profile? Gibson's Slim Taper 60s neck will still have a much flatter radius vs. the Strat/Tele (7.25" vintage or 9.5" modern) you referred to earlier.

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@marcos are you after something with a rounder fingerboard radius or a thinner neck profile? Gibson's Slim Taper 60s neck will still have a much flatter radius vs. the Strat/Tele (7.25" vintage or 9.5" modern) you referred to earlier.
I guess what i mean is like a Tele Strat type neck. Just got back from our local used store and tried out every humbucker type in these and nothing fits my hands and is comfortable like my Tele. I think i will invest in a P90ish type and put it in one of my Tele's. Thanks all for all the info.

·
Premium Member
17,358 Posts
If you like the fender tele neck profile (and tele's in general) and you want buckers, track down a modern player model (dual HB).

If you want a Fender Les Paul (basically) keep an eye out for the FMT model. JB/59, mahogany body and neck, set neck (maybe neck-through?) and TOM with string-through-body. I'm not sure if they'll pop up for $750 but it's worth a look. They have the all-important tummy cut too.

Reactions: jdto
1 - 20 of 33 Posts