The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Reaper I have some custom buttons setup where one causes the audio to come out of my monitors only. The other button sends the audio out to headphones only. I use this when tracking to switch between recording and listening.

The issue is the click track comes out of both no matter what. How do I set this so that when i click on the headphone button, the click is only heard in the headphones and when i click the monitor button, the click only comes out of the monitors? It's a pain to click the headphone button and have to turn the monitor volume off so the click isn't picked up by the mics.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
In Reaper I have some custom buttons setup where one causes the audio to come out of my monitors only. The other button sends the audio out to headphones only. I use this when tracking to switch between recording and listening.

The issue is the click track comes out of both no matter what. How do I set this so that when i click on the headphone button, the click is only heard in the headphones and when i click the monitor button, the click only comes out of the monitors? It's a pain to click the headphone button and have to turn the monitor volume off so the click isn't picked up by the mics.
Haven't needed the same setup but the metronome settings are pretty deep. I typically set it for recording only and only use headphones so you don't have the click bleed into the mics.

I believe the metronome is post fader but pre master if that makes sense. Not sure if it has other sends.

Maybe see if there is a metronome vst with sync. then you can route it however you want.

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can rout the metronome to only come out of the headphones but sometimes I want it to come out of the mains. I just want it to adhere to my monitor or headphone buttons.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Create a new track.
Insert Click Source on that track.
Use either in place of, or in conjunction with metronome.
By having Click Source on a track, you can pan or rout to whatever output you want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts