The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got so dragged into the show I watched 5 episodes last night before I even knew it. For those unaware, it’s a sci-fi, horror series mixed with a highly chaotic and undisciplined bunch of space travelers trying to catch up with an anomaly before it leaves our solar system.

It’s based on a George R.R. Martin (Game of Thrones) novel and he also produced it. Still horrified at the hilariously scary ‘seed’ gathering scene lol.

·
Premium Member
11,865 Posts
Where are you seeing this, Netflix? I'm not a big fan of horror stuff, but I like sci-fi so I might check it out.

·
Premium Member
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s not like anything else out there. The closest thing I can compare it to is American Gods.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes I watched two episodes this morning, interesting story line development, interesting take on the end of the 21st years ... in terms of technological advances

·
Registered
9,352 Posts
I watched the first 2 episodes last night. Bit of a WTF when it comes to how they tolerate and make excuses for the L1 guy. Also, like what's going on with the ship and the captain? If I were there I'd be on the first escape pod I could find :confused:

Oh, and I want a laser spider too.

·
Premium Member
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I watched the first 2 episodes last night. Bit of a WTF when it comes to how they tolerate and make excuses for the L1 guy. Also, like what's going on with the ship and the captain? If I were there I'd be on the first escape pod I could find :confused:

Oh, and I want a laser spider too.
It's a psychotic loony bin in the cold vacuum of space. I'da been outa there too.

·
Premium Member
5,113 Posts
If they're out to save the human race they sure didn't take a very good sample to build upon.
This seems to be the trend with new sci-fi. In the last 2 Alien movies they hand picked groups of complete morons for vital missions. I love sci fi even the cheesiest of the cheese. But this trend is weird. It's the same with the first season of Discovery. The crew members do the weirdest, most unprofessional stuff.

·
Registered
9,352 Posts
I guess they need the drama. Can't see much sexual excitement happening on a ship carrying Marc Garneau and Julie Payette ........................................... and I'm trying to imagine it :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I guess they need the drama. Can't see much sexual excitement happening on a ship carrying Marc Garneau and Julie Payette ........................................... and I'm trying to imagine it :confused:
Don't, it will only end in pain and sadness (and maybe an acoustic version of a Bowie song).

·
Registered
14,591 Posts
I saw some stuff about the show & am considering checking it out when I am done with something else.

·
Premium Member
5,113 Posts
Interesting to read it's a SyFy and Netflx co-profuction. That will hopefully mean SyFy won't cancel it early like do with so many other shows. They even cancelled the Expanse.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts