The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been playing my new Orange ROcker 30 combo for nearly 2 weeks now. Its really growing on me more and more... and I loved it after playing it in the store (why I walked out with it) for just 1/2 hour. I play it with a home made 2x12 cab I built with a pair of GT12-75's in it. Combined with the vintage 30 in the Orange it really sounds wild. Great clean sound (depending upon which guitar you are playing as there is no tone control on the amp) and a beautiful sounding OD. I will still use my JCM 900 for harder stuff but the Orange is a much nicer sound for classic rock and roll stuff (mainly what we are playing these days) and it cuts through the band, and especially our rythm guitarist's Fender Hot Rod Deville, which had a tendency to overpower my Marshall (not enough high end tone on my JCM even with the presence and high cranked)

Anyhow, I encourage others to try one of these Orange's out. You may like it!

AJC

·
Registered
7 Posts
orange rocker head

Does anyone know how much an Orange Rocker head goes for at L&M?

I heard someone play one at L&M one day and it sounded great, very rich and full sounding overdirve sound. How much clean headroom on the normal channel? Is there enough clean to cut through for a moderately loud classic rock band?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got mine new for a good price I think, $1800 taxes in.

yes, you can really turn up the clean channel volume before it starts to break up. And for most of what I play the OD channel is crunchy enough without using any other pedal or effect.

AJC

·
Registered
274 Posts
ajcoholic said:
I got mine new for a good price I think, $1800 taxes in.

yes, you can really turn up the clean channel volume before it starts to break up. And for most of what I play the OD channel is crunchy enough without using any other pedal or effect.

AJC
I saw them at L&M for 2300. almost sure

·
Registered
45 Posts
Great!
I'm looking to change my amp for either an orange rocker XX or a Mesa F-XX

I gig with my band at bars and places like Lula Lounge in Toronto. I wanted to know if these 30W amps are up for the task or not.

any opinions?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Daeveed said:
Great!
I'm looking to change my amp for either an orange rocker XX or a Mesa F-XX

I gig with my band at bars and places like Lula Lounge in Toronto. I wanted to know if these 30W amps are up for the task or not.

any opinions?
the 50 watt one would be just about perfect as long as you have a good pa

·
Registered
283 Posts
yeah the rocker 30s are great. I'm really digging my super reverb though right now. definately like the clean over the orange tiny terror. I havn't heard the rocker 30's clean channel cranked all the way up but I'm sure it breaks up pretty nicely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts