The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
The tech industry is moving to reduce the amount of reading and typing that we do. Voice, artificial intelligence, watches and other wearables, and other technologies are rising to reduce dependence on visual interaction.

We have reached ‘peak screen’ — now revolution is in the air as tech giants work to give our eyes a break
I've been using verbal texting a lot lately (period) It works well but it takes a bit of getting used to (period) Sometimes (comma) I have to go back and fix a spelling error (comma) but I must say (comma) my texts are a lot longer than they used to be (smiley face)

·
Registered
24,379 Posts
If and when I become quadriplegic, or lose complete dexterity due to arthritis or injury, I will bless speech recognition as a serviceable prosthetic for what my hands were once capable of doing. Until that time, I will write out what I intend to convey, using the full breadth of my vocabulary and the beauty of my native tongue, and take pleasure in the reading of others who have similarly done so. I'll leave the wallowing in short giggle quips and gotcha zingers to the kids.

·
Premium Member
5,113 Posts
I am using it more texting on my phone. Texting is a big part of my work and I've just never been good at it. I got a pixel 2 for my last phone, and Googles implementation of it is really impressive.

I still type out emails because I am working on my computer most of the day anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,462 Posts
If and when I become quadriplegic, or lose complete dexterity due to arthritis or injury, I will bless speech recognition as a serviceable prosthetic for what my hands were once capable of doing. Until that time, I will write out what I intend to convey, using the full breadth of my vocabulary and the beauty of my native tongue, and take pleasure in the reading of others who have similarly done so. I'll leave the wallowing in short giggle quips and gotcha zingers to the kids.
LOLz y u b hatin'?

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
My business partner just bought a newer model Acura SUV. Much of the control system is voice activated. I laugh every time I think of it or tell this story because it won't listen to him. (Yes, I'm laughing now). He can't even get the heat or A/C to go on, turn up the fan and many other functions. From what he tells me, that particular year was a real problem.

My 2017 Nissan Pathfinder is very particular with commands and unless you get it just right, it asks you to repeat it. The point is, we have a ways to go yet. I'll keep my typing skills intact for awhile yet.

Reactions: jdto and mawmow

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Just another abuse of technology making us slaves !

·
Registered
856 Posts
Cursive writing is no longer being taught in schools. We already have a generation poorly educated in basic life/monetary/business skills.

"Make your mark here"............... X <- try and employ that. Well, I guess if you need a ditch dug by hand, but that's about it....just sayin'

1 - 10 of 10 Posts