The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my PM-20 in to get the wiring changed to two volumes and no tones or push pulls for splitting (I wanted it wired like a Les Paul without the tones). It came back to me with a bad ground or something that caused extreme noise. I took it back and they tried again......when I got it home it did the same thing. I decided that I would attempt to wire it myself and I came up with the same noise issue. The question is, does anyone have the original pm-20 wiring schematics? I have searched the web and come up empty. :confused-smiley-010

·
Registered
788 Posts
try the parker forum, but the wiring is basic for non push/pull pots, I would remove the push/pull pots for traditional ones, and use seymore duncans schematics on their site....good luck

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SCREEM said:
try the parker forum, but the wiring is basic for non push/pull pots, I would remove the push/pull pots for traditional ones, and use seymore duncans schematics on their site....good luck
That’s exactly what I have done.....but still it sounds like a ground is off. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
788 Posts
the wire colours on those stinger pups are not the same as seymore duncans even though they are "designed by"....I'd suggest you look at the original wiring schematic on the seymore site to determine wich colours are not the same, of course you need to have the pakers original schematic the determine this, or a pic of an untouched cavity....parker forum? I swaped pups in mine and had no problems...I dont know why they would use different colour than seymore, but it was easy to figure out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts