The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
27721 - 27740 of 27873 Posts

·
Registered
10,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27,722 ·
Is there not a COVID thread where you can go and get on your soapbox and rant?
Omg I am in severe need of ranting. Don’t care if you listen or not. A hundred weight on my chest!!

·
Registered
2006 Custom Christopher Reesor Classical
334 Posts
Everybody decides their own priorities, but people will pay $3000 for a guitar and cheap out on food.

Funny.
Then there are classycal guitarists who will pay 3000 for a prime rib then buy a geetar for 300 bucks and brag about their new flamingo or classycal guitar that was made especially for them by El Kabong & Co. in Spain while they were on their holiday.
As to expensive cow. Some of the best range cow I have ever had the pleasure of chewing came from Chunky Woodward's ranch outside Merit BC quite a few years back. We did it on a campfire while fishing for rainbows. That year I caught and released this 32 inch one up near Williams Lake BC. The cows in the bush where we fish get even bigger though: but they are really hard to catch on a seven weight fly rod. But it can be done if you are really good at false casting through the trees with a tiny sprig of alfalfa wrapped on a size 10 mustad dry fly hook.

My brother, who took the picture cropped my head off so I have no proof of this tale because he also snapped it before I swung it past the camera to release it clean. Perhaps the fish, who also requested anonymity was too embarrassed to have it's face in the picture seeing that it was stupid enough to bite on a wiggling bunch of turkey feathers instead of all the real grub in the lake where it lives.
Unlike bass masters we fishers take pride in not sticking our fingers into the gills or mouth of the fish we respect enough to release.

I REAALLY need to wet a line again and soon: this atmospheric river crap has me tempted to do it in the ditch outside our house which of late could very well hold fish that make an Ontario bass look like a guppy.
Fishing net Glove Fish Fisherman Salmon-like fish

·
Registered
10,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27,725 · (Edited)
I am sitting here so depressed because I cannot play with our band. COVID!! I have been so miserable, really bitchy and fly of the handle in a seconds notice. And no I am NOT CRAZY! This is absolutely breaking my heart. I am driving me just friggin crazy. I still play everyday by myself but it doesn’t rival being in a band. This makes me inconsolable. I know a lot of ppl are going through this but this is affecting more then I though it would.

·
Premium Member
20,136 Posts
I am sitting here so depressed because I cannot play with our band. COVID!! I have been so miserable, really bitchy and fly of the handle in a seconds notice. And no I am NOT CRAZY! This is absolutely breaking my heart. I am driving me just friggin crazy. I still play everyday by myself but it doesn’t rival being in a band. This makes me inconsolable. I know a lot of ppl are going through this but this is affecting more then I though it would.
I know what you mean Jelly Bean.

If I didn't have guitars to design and build right now I think I might go stark raving mad. Every day is a challenge to fight depression.

I guess I'm luckier than many, but I think I know how you feel.

·
Premium Member
3,492 Posts
:( Would jam tracks help. Maybe you can find the jam tracks of the songs you play in the band online. No people contact but better than nothing.

·
Registered
1965 Fender Mustang, Ampegs, anything to test an amp.
2,657 Posts
Blue Light Purple Lighting Gesture

·
Registered
13,372 Posts
it's not realistic if it doesn't have the following features:
  • drummer can't play stuff that's not 4/4
  • the singer is an asshole
  • the other guitar player is never quite in tune
  • the bass player didn't show up AGAIN
  • someone didn't bring their share of the studio rental
  • the other guitarist and the singer are mad at each other after discovering the drummer's girlfriend is cheating on the guitarist with the singer

·
Registered
10,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27,732 ·
My son has one. See if I can borrow before I start seeing the cracks appear.
  • the other guitarist and the singer are mad at each other after discovering the drummer's girlfriend is cheating on the guitarist with the singer
I know this was tongue in cheek but these are good ppl. No issues at all!’

·
Registered
1965 Fender Mustang, Ampegs, anything to test an amp.
2,657 Posts
You need the Quantum computer option for this algorithm...not enough computing power in a binary computer. You can purchase a desktop quantum PC now for a little over $4K from East Asian suppliers...half the price of the most powerful conventional NA CPUs.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I am sorry to hear this .

27721 - 27740 of 27873 Posts