The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
26981 - 27000 of 27108 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,782 Posts
The final layer is paint though. Just saying that there are times that the aesthetic value of painting over or otherwise covering screws is worth the potential future aggravation of removing them. Another example might be plugging screw holes in furniture.

Don’t get me started on assholes that caulk over screw heads though. With the flexibility of the caulk, you THINK you’re making progress only to realize you’re not.

·
Premium Member
27,238 Posts
being the sound guy isn't easy, and you rarely get any appreciation for your efforts. i've done it for several different churches. the worship team never performs during sound check like they during worship. it's almost pointless even doing a sound check, because you're going to spend half the worship time adjusting everything. then when you come in next sunday, you're going to go through it all again.
Just pretend the worship team is Tame Impala. Run everything through a flanger and be done with it. You won't have to adjust anything else.

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
Just pretend the worship team is Tame Impala. Run everything through a flanger and be done with it. You won't have to adjust anything else.
oh man.... you're calling to the devil on my shoulder! it never crossed my mind before the moment i read your post, the amount of fun i could have. a wah could be pretty funny, but with careful use of a delay, you could really create some chaos and maybe even panic. hahahaha! one of the churches i served even had wireless in ear monitors. it was a really cool set up. each set could individually adjust the levels of the others to suit them, as well as overall volume. since everything went thru the board, TWO delays set differently in different channels would do it for sure. oh, a volume pedal could really be fun too. if i ever serve in another church, it's going to be really hard to not do these things now

·
Registered
417 Posts
oh man.... you're calling to the devil on my shoulder! it never crossed my mind before the moment i read your post, the amount of fun i could have. a wah could be pretty funny, but with careful use of a delay, you could really create some chaos and maybe even panic. hahahaha! one of the churches i served even had wireless in ear monitors. it was a really cool set up. each set could individually adjust the levels of the others to suit them, as well as overall volume. since everything went thru the board, TWO delays set differently in different channels would do it for sure. oh, a volume pedal could really be fun too. if i ever serve in another church, it's going to be really hard to not do these things now
Throw a pitch shift on vocals into the IEM. Sit back and enjoy.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Sorry to hear that. My friend's father died of Covid in the early days. He was in a nursing home. Real nice guy.
Sorry to hear that. My friend's father died of Covid in the early days. He was in a nursing home. Real nice guy.
Sorry to hear about your friend’s father. Hopefully My friends father gets well soon. She still lives with him and she’s going mad being stuck home

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
A saw a fella today who I knew for most of his life. He’s autistic and is really good with dates . Well he saw me and said “ jared there’s only 6 more days till your birthday! I’m going to Charlottetown on the 27th , I’ll see what I can find you” sometimes it amazes me how thoughtful people can be but I had to tell him that he doesn’t have to do that.

·
Registered
13,099 Posts
A saw a fella today who I knew for most of his life. He’s autistic and is really good with dates . Well he saw me and said “ jared there’s only 6 more days till your birthday! I’m going to Charlottetown on the 27th , I’ll see what I can find you” sometimes it amazes me how thoughtful people can be but I had to tell him that he doesn’t have to do that.
i used to belong to a riding club (motorcyclists, not bikers) that was gigantic, multi national. we communicated by an email list that was very lively. one of the guys had an autistic son named jimmy, who was AMAZING. someone might post "hey, i have this year/model bike and i want to buy brand x tires. is this a good price?" within minutes, you could count on him to respond with something like "cheezyridr said he bought those tires on june 12th at 7:18 pm for x amount. grumpy and lacey said that was very good." this list used to see 50 or more emails daily. during 9/11 i saw 200+/day.
you could never get away with "i never said that." if you ever did, cause jimmy would correct you with the date and time. he was around 15 or so when i got to meet him at a rally. he had this giant tricycle he rode around the parking lot, and into everyone's ankles. he was impossible to not like.

26981 - 27000 of 27108 Posts