The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
26701 - 26720 of 27170 Posts

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Well done!
What is the sales tax % in PEI?
.15% . It’s broken into two sections .10% and .5% one hst and the other I believe Provincial . I also figured out how much full retail value was on all the guitar stuff I’ve bought since the guild. I was shocked but pleasantly surprised to find out I’ve only paid about 50% full retail.

·
Registered
1965 Fender Mustang, Ampegs, anything to test an amp.
2,095 Posts
Stephen Hawking authored some books that may interest you. Most of it goes too deep for me...even reading it a few times. He does have some interesting theories of time and space.

·
Registered
13,117 Posts
Does anyone know anything about parallel dimensions?? What I know so far seems fascinating.
it is fascinating. learning about it will take you down a seriously deep rabbit hole. here is a super simplified explanation to get you started. you should first have an understanding of the double slit experiment, and schrodinger's cat.

·
Registered
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26,709 ·
it is fascinating. learning about it will take you down a seriously deep rabbit hole. here is a super simplified explanation to get you started. you should first have an understanding of the double slit experiment, and schrodinger's cat.

Just three minutes into this and my head is spinning. New terminology to learn and focusing on every word this person is saying.
I am going in for seconds. Lol

·
Premium Member
11,780 Posts
Recently came across Russell Brand‘s YouTube channel. I always thought of him as a somewhat funny character/ junkie. But on his channel which is basically a blog, he is a really intelligent, insight guy with a refreshingly balanced perspective for a celebrity. Sort of like Joe Rogan without the interviews and douchebaggery. He discusses a range of topical subjects, often socio-political.
if you’ve got some time to kill, I highly recommend checking out his channel.
i won’t post any links so as to not draw the ire of our Dear Leaders, but they arent hard to find,

Reactions: laristotle

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
A funny story. I was about 13 and I had an old tv radio and each night after midnight this Commercial would air and there were a bunch of girls say “ call me” “call me” . It wasn’t till years after I learned it was for the adult hotline 😂 13 year old me was confused why I was seeing a bunch of girls in bikinis 😂

·
Registered
13,117 Posts
Recently came across Russell Brand‘s YouTube channel. I always thought of him as a somewhat funny character/ junkie. But on his channel which is basically a blog, he is a really intelligent, insight guy with a refreshingly balanced perspective for a celebrity. Sort of like Joe Rogan without the interviews and douchebaggery. He discusses a range of topical subjects, often socio-political.
if you’ve got some time to kill, I highly recommend checking out his channel.
i won’t post any links so as to not draw the ire of our Dear Leaders, but they arent hard to find,
i watch him if the subject interests me. i agree that sometimes he can be insightful. but sometimes he can be amazingly clueless. he did reply to one of my comments once. i collect them. that was fun. also, sometimes he gets new-agey, and i totally bail whenever he does. like you, i was surprised at his current vlog. i knew of him before that, but none of it really grabbed my attention. agree with him or not, he's smart.

A funny story. I was about 13 and I had an old tv radio and each night after midnight this Commercial would air and there were a bunch of girls say “ call me” “call me” . It wasn’t till years after I learned it was for the adult hotline 😂 13 year old me was confused why I was seeing a bunch of girls in bikinis 😂
i knew a guy, who was a mason. he was pretty good at it, too. well, back in the late 80's a mutual friend approached him and put him in touch with a guy who was building a luxury home on top of a mountain in (iirc) vermont. he was up there for about a month. he came home not only with no money, but more than $500 of debt. he spent everything on phone sex. i remember thinking "dam...i thought I was a horny s.o.b...i got nothin on this guy'. i knew his wife really well. i was surprised she didn't leave him.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
i watch him if the subject interests me. i agree that sometimes he can be insightful. but sometimes he can be amazingly clueless. he did reply to one of my comments once. i collect them. that was fun. also, sometimes he gets new-agey, and i totally bail whenever he does. like you, i was surprised at his current vlog. i knew of him before that, but none of it really grabbed my attention. agree with him or not, he's smart.
And Get Him To The Greek is one of the funniest movies I have seen in decades. :D

·
Premium Member
19,623 Posts
Why all of a sudden am I unable to post pictures here on this PC? I get the following error message even when posting pictures I have already posted in other threads here.

Your following files do not have an allowed extension.
IMG_8334.JPG

I seem to be able to post pics from my phone (Apple).

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Why all of a sudden am I unable to post pictures here on this PC? I get the following error message even when posting pictures I have already posted in other threads here.

Your following files do not have an allowed extension.
IMG_8334.JPG

I seem to be able to post pics from my phone (Apple).

I had the same problem in the Outdoor Pictures thread. I simply opened up an image editor (MS Paint of all things) resized it a bit and used the "Save as" function to save it as a .jpg. Worked fine then

26701 - 26720 of 27170 Posts