The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
26501 - 26520 of 26708 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
For all the Rock bios I’ve read, (reading Bonham’s now) I have come across mention of drumming brothers Carmine and Vinny Appice a lot. But I have never heard their last name pronounced out loud. It could be pronounced A-piece or Ap-i-cee (the “i” short not long). Wikipedia is of little help, Carmine Appice (/ˈkɑːrmaɪn/ /æˈpiːs/,
Being of Italian decent, I think it’s the second one. But, who knows. They were born in the US, so their parents/grandparents could have “Americanized” it.

Anyone know??

Bookcase Shelf Furniture Publication Shelving

·
Premium Member
14,324 Posts
It could be pronounced A-piece or Ap-i-cee
I think that Carmine used A-pi-chee while Vinny used A-piece. It may have been the other way around?
I remember watching a Much Music interview with one of them (can't recall which one) and he stated that.

Reactions: SWLABR

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I think that Carmine used A-pi-chee while Vinny used A-piece. It may have been the other way around?
I remember watching a Much Music interview with one of them (can't recall which one) and he stated that.
I didn’t consider it could be “chee” instead of “cee”.

There’s a third option… A-pee-chee.
Like Don Ameche.

·
Registered
15,866 Posts
Chemical engineering.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
I guess I’m going for a lunch in few hours. It’s nice being back in O’Leary. I have a lot more freedom it feels like and the being invited out feels good too . And it’s nice being able to crank my amps up and have no complaints from anyone.

26501 - 26520 of 26708 Posts