The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
26241 - 26260 of 26612 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
fortunately, there's an app for that...hahahha PedalboardPlanner.com - Plan your Perfect Guitar Pedal Board! i would try to have a pretty good idea what order i was planning to run my pedals in the chain before settling on a board. placement can sometimes affect how much room you need depending on the shape of some of your pedals, and if you're splitting your signal, or going stereo, or what have you.

as for power supply, there are a few options. i only run 5 or 6 pedals including my tuner, so i have a powerall. it's basically a daisy chain wall wort sorta thing. i rarely run more than one pedal at a time, so for me, the risk is minimal. the vibe has a separate power supply, and it doesn't sit on the board anyhow. if i was running 3 or more pedals at once i wouldn't risk it.. i also wouldn't use it for anything expensive, like eventide or strymon stuff.
for a board with 8 or 9 pedals, voodoo labs power supply is probably going to suit you best. you can get mounting brackets that will put them under your board so everything stays neat and tidy. some of them will accommodate 18v pedals, or multiple ones. they come in different sizes, depending on how much you need now, or might in the future.
i started with the pedal train classic board, and eventually downsized to the nano because i eventually realized there were effects on my board i wasn't using, and i didn't need to drag them around with me all the time.

some things i want to point out about the polytune that are really useful. one is, the new version allows you to choose whether it's buffered or not. you should have at least one buffer on your board. if you have any boss pedals, you have that covered already but it's still nice to have the option on your tuner because it puts the buffer at the start of your chain. the other thing is, it has a power in/out right on the front, so if you are bumping the limit on your power supply outlets, it frees up one space without eliminating a pedal. it also allows you to choose between chromatic and strobe tuning, and the display is adjustable for briteness. it has a usb port on it, they say it's to allow for upgrades, but afaik, there haven't been any since the poly3 i have now.

sorry for writing war and peace, hopefully you'll get something useful out of this post
Gadget Communication Device Font Audio equipment Technology

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I took me awhile to figure things out. Actually another person setup my board. I just took detailed notes and pictures. Having something to refer back to is a major help.
I’ve actually did a fair bit of research earlier this year when I figured out what sound I was after . Figured out the basics of their boards and order of the signal chain .really it’s pretty basic really. I do do believe two od and two delays are necessary. One od is basically a boost and the other is just for that extra crunch when needed. One delay for short delay and one for long delay .

·
Premium Member
3,838 Posts
Can't chat, off to vote.
( or is my constutional right to vote to
political
)

·
Premium Member
11,772 Posts
Do you just use the crust for croutons or the complete loaf?
I cube up the whole loaf, toast the pieces on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, in the small upper oven. The bread itself is my bread machine recipe with maple syrup instead of sugar, peanut butter instead of shortening, no salt, today's coffee instead of water/milk, a tablespoon of Montreal steak spice, a teaspoon of garlic salt, and this time I used white flour but sometimes I use whole wheat flour.

Here's the result:

Food Kitchen appliance Ingredient Recipe Home appliance

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
So today is Election Day. I asked my friend who she voted and of course polar opposites and she said “ hope we can still be friends “ 🤦🏽 To think some people actually think that way is kind of childish.
And best of luck to everyone who’s running

·
Premium Member
11,603 Posts
A friend of mine thinks he saw Pete Townshend in Antibes.
what do you think?
Glasses Hairstyle Daytime Vision care Sunglasses

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Sunglasses Leisure Outdoor furniture Community Chair

Reactions: Lola

·
Registered
10,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26,252 ·
It is not the critic who counts, nor the one who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. the credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, face marred by sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without shortcoming, but who does actually strive to do the deeds, who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause. who at best knows that in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at worst, if he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defend.

·
Banned
12,928 Posts
To think some people actually think that way is kind of childish.
at one time, i would have agreed. but when i see what is happening here, and what is happening there, i no longer think the same way. i'll be polite to those people because society dictates that i must. but i won't befriend people i believe are trying to destroy my country

·
Premium Member
11,603 Posts
at one time, i would have agreed. but when i see what is happening here, and what is happening there, i no longer think the same way. i'll be polite to those people because society dictates that i must. but i won't befriend people i believe are trying to destroy my country
I cant really fault someone for lacking the intelligence to make good choices, nor can I blame them if they vote someone in who benefits them personally more than it benefits me. Some people just have different interests ie. a small business owner will likely vote differently than a teacher.
I do hate though when 1 relatively minor issue becomes the main platform for a party/leader, and people get embroiled in that.

26241 - 26260 of 26612 Posts