The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
26121 - 26140 of 26254 Posts

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26,122 ·
I just had to have one of these. $29 plus tax, shipping and handling. It’s so cool. I need another additional room for all my music paraphernalia. When our tenets move out downstairs I will have the whole family room to ME! I have some beautiful framed posters that need a place. At one time I was even contemplating attaching them to the ceiling but just too much mucking about to do that. I want to display my one of a kind Rolling Stones jacket. I am going to make some kind of shadow box to put it in.

Microphone Musical instrument Guitar Guitar accessory Wood

·
Premium Member
19,012 Posts

Woah, that second clip may not be suitable for kids.

"I hope that squirrel don't have rabies
'cause now I'm pregnant with six of his babies....."

Yikes.

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26,124 ·
Another one bites the dust. The band has fallen apart only after a few short weeks. Kicked out the guitar player, bass player git another gig, drummer can’t commit because of young children.

So within a week I have picked some other players to start with. I feel like I am in a revolving door scenario. But oh well. I just need another guitar to complete our band. I just can’t give up.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Another one bites the dust. The band has fallen apart only after a few short weeks. Kicked out the guitar player, bass player git another gig, drummer can’t commit because of young children.

So within a week I have picked some other players to start with. I feel like I am in a revolving door scenario. But oh well. I just need another guitar to complete our band. I just can’t give up.
Times like this I wished I still lived in GTA. You are determined to keep this going, and I'm eager enough to join, but not start a project! ha, ha...

Keep at it!

·
Premium Member
11,536 Posts
Seems like a lot of hands got cut off in that movie franchise.

Lucas was a lazy writer...want to end an epic fight? cut off a hand or 2. Want a plot for another billion dollar movie? build a(nother) death star. And make almost everyone related to each other in some way, it makes people feel warm and fuzzy inside.
Fucking guy succeeded in spite of himself and people revere him.

Reactions: cheezyridr

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26,129 · (Edited)
Times like this I wished I still lived in GTA. You are determined to keep this going, and I'm eager enough to join, but not start a project! ha, ha...

Keep at it!
I have been keeping bands together, putting out fires and organizing for the last 5 years. If I give up on this then I give up on myself. I refuse to do as such. I will be doing this until the day before I die. I personally want to find out how far I can go. I wouldn’t change a thing because even though it’s a pain in the ass at times I absolutely live for this and it’s my life. It’s that important to me! We have planned so far for 1 gig a month. Everyone in the band is at a intermediate stage in their playing or above.
I am super excited about this new venture. I lucked out with the singer. I have never heard a better singer. She is a diamond in the ruff. She has range and dynamics’s and she is super sweet.

·
Registered
12,863 Posts
I have been keeping bands together, putting out fires and organizing for the last 5 years. If I give up on this then I give up on myself. I refuse to do as such. I will be doing this until the day before I die. I personally want to find out how far I can go. I wouldn’t change a thing because even though it’s a pain in the ass at times I absolutely live for this and it’s my life. It’s that important to me! We have planned so far for 1 gig a month. Everyone in the band is at a intermediate stage in their playing or above.
I am super excited about this new venture. I lucked out with the singer. I have never heard a better singer. She is a diamond in the ruff. She has range and dynamics’s and she is super sweet.
you can't lose if you never quit

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts

Wish you luck, stay the course. I gave up years ago, I realize I may have been the problem' to many kids, demanding job that paid the bills and mortgage. I may have not been that good? WHAT!

I am playing the best guitar I have ever played right now, just going to get good at recording, looping and having a good time playing.

I do miss playing with others and would like to jam and play a live show. I live in Bum£¥€# nowhere so it creates issues for me.

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26,134 ·
you can't lose if you never quit
Thx Cheezy. Your so wise and supportive! You have actually been my mentor in a way. What I like about you best is that you don’t sugar coat things. Thx for sharing your wisdom with me. It’s truly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Actually, staying "in the game" doesn't guarantee a win either. What it does give you is the potential to find the core people and situations that align with your abilities and expectations. It can take a lot of time and energy to find these core elements. Lola you seem motivated, that is a great quality.

Essentially, the wider the net you cast, the greater likelihood of making the right connections. A good way to cast a wide net is "Take any gig that pays"... even if the style of music is not your primary focus. (Well, not jazz, lol... ).

Obviously, the bulk of musicians are "part time". Skill levels, personalities and commitment vary greatly. There are dreamers, seasoned pros and everything in between. It is a difficult equation to balance.

One thing for sure, the less drama the better.

In general, you learn more working with people who are more experienced than yourself.

·
Registered
12,863 Posts
Actually, staying "in the game" doesn't guarantee a win either. What it does give you is the potential to find the core people and situations that align with your abilities and expectations. It can take a lot of time and energy to find these core elements. Lola you seem motivated, that is a great quality.

The bulk of musicians are "part time". Skill levels, personalities and commitment vary greatly. Essentially, the wider the net you cast, the greater likelihood of making the right connections. A good way to cast a wide net is "Take any gig that pays"... even if the style of music is not your primary focus. (Well, not jazz, lol... ).
i had a response typed out, when i remembered a quote from teddy roosevelt, one of my favorite bad-ass americans

it is not the critic who counts, nor the one who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. the credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, face marred by sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without shortcoming, but who does actually strive to do the deeds, who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause. who at best knows that in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at worst, if he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat.

i realize his point was to call out the critic, but i quoted him to show that even he understood the value of never giving up when you have a worthwhile goal

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
i had a response typed out, when i remembered a quote from teddy roosevelt, one of my favorite bad-ass americans

it is not the critic who counts, nor the one who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. the credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, face marred by sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without shortcoming, but who does actually strive to do the deeds, who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself in a worthy cause. who at best knows that in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at worst, if he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat.

i realize his point was to call out the critic, but i quoted him to show that even he understood the value of never giving up when you have a worthwhile goal
Yup, for sure. I didn't clarify my point very well.

Staying in the boxing ring and getting punched over and over doesn't mean you are going to win.

Becoming a better fighter by refining tactics with an experienced trainer will greatly improve your odds of winning.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Tomorrow’s lunch is going to be good .
Three carrots
Half a turnip
Three potatoes
Full clove of garlic
Two onions
Pepper
One carton of beef broth to equal part water

I didn’t see the need of adding salt since I didn’t get the less sodium broth. All I can say is it smells amazing
Food Ingredient Recipe Fluid Cookware and bakeware

26121 - 26140 of 26254 Posts