The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
25461 - 25480 of 25641 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,697 Posts
Looks like next Tuesday or the following Tuesday I might be trying my hand at a bakery job . Kind of like a working interview so it be something different . It will be for a few shifts if things go well so wish me luck.
Good Luck!
Do you have to be there super early in the morning to do the baking for the day?

·
Premium Member
11,415 Posts
Looks like next Tuesday or the following Tuesday I might be trying my hand at a bakery job . Kind of like a working interview so it be something different . It will be for a few shifts if things go well so wish me luck.
Nice. It will smell good...at first :)

Im a night owl and when I was younger and lived in the city, Id go for late night walks through the junction. There was a little bakery there. I always remember how late/early they'd be working...like 2-3am, getting stuff ready to get to stores for first thing in the morning, I guess. You never think of what it takes to get stuff into the stores in time for shoppers.

·
Premium Member
9,772 Posts
Be prepared to sweat. Lots. Hot, hot work.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Nice. It will smell good...at first :)

Im a night owl and when I was younger and lived in the city, Id go for late night walks through the junction. There was a little bakery there. I always remember how late/early they'd be working...like 2-3am, getting stuff ready to get to stores for first thing in the morning, I guess. You never think of what it takes to get stuff into the stores in time for shoppers.
yeah theres a lot to be done. they want me for the cafe part pf it, so it will be busy

·
Registered
10,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25,472 ·
Have you ever been ghosted? How did you solve this? Were you hurt by their actions?

·
Premium Member
18,683 Posts
Have you ever been ghosted? How did you solve this? Were you hurt by their actions?

Maybe, but I wouldn't really know if I was.

I ghosted most people many years ago by today's standards.

Imagine the audacity of not having Facebook, Twitter, Instagram......

·
Premium Member
11,415 Posts
Ya, been on both sides, really.
I think it comes from an imbalance in the relationship, usually either 1) emotional commitment to that person ie. 1 person thinks there is a much stronger relationship than the other, so other doesnt feel any need to formally go through the awkwardness of terminating things. Or, 2) an imbalance in communication where 1 person has been throwing off vibes, hints, opportunities to talk about issues, and the other person is dismissive or oblivious to hearing them, and the person gives up or talking on trying to be heard and the connection dissolves.

for me, its usually been in dating situations, where ive tried to get my needs across, and other person ignored them or failed to address them, so I detached...and Im sure some girls did the same to me for the same reason.

But it could be something like a friendship. In university, I had a friend from high school who lived nearby, suggested we commute to school together. Seemed I was always driving, never chipped in for gas or offered to drive, I had to adjust my schedule to meet hers, etc. I felt used, and as I already had a girlfriend and had some concerns that she might get suspicious as well, I spaced her out.
I think we all could try to have more emotional awareness in our relationships, and more than ever, subtleties are important bc I think subsequent generations arent as verbal, or as blunt as older generations were.

Can you solve it? Im not sure. Sometimes, once ghosted, youre dead to them. At the same time, maybe theres nothing to lose by trying to find out what happened? But, if the reason the person ghosted you did it due to their own cowardice to have awkward conversations, you may never find out the real deal....theyll just make up some BS to get past it. Is everybody always completely honest with the other person in a breakup? I doubt it.
But IMO the one thing to always remember, we can only change ourselves, we cant force other ppl to change, esp if they show no interest in doing so. So the only way to solve it is to come to terms with it and try to move forward in a different way.

Reactions: Lola

·
Registered
10,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25,475 ·
Ya, been on both sides, really.
I think it comes from an imbalance in the relationship, usually either 1) emotional commitment to that person ie. 1 person thinks there is a much stronger relationship than the other, so other doesnt feel any need to formally go through the awkwardness of terminating things. Or, 2) an imbalance in communication where 1 person has been throwing off vibes, hints, opportunities to talk about issues, and the other person is dismissive or oblivious to hearing them, and the person gives up or talking on trying to be heard and the connection dissolves.

for me, its usually been in dating situations, where ive tried to get my needs across, and other person ignored them or failed to address them, so I detached...and Im sure some girls did the same to me for the same reason.

But it could be something like a friendship. In university, I had a friend from high school who lived nearby, suggested we commute to school together. Seemed I was always driving, never chipped in for gas or offered to drive, I had to adjust my schedule to meet hers, etc. I felt used, and as I already had a girlfriend and had some concerns that she might get suspicious as well, I spaced her out.
I think we all could try to have more emotional awareness in our relationships, and more than ever, subtleties are important bc I think subsequent generations arent as verbal, or as blunt as older generations were.

Can you solve it? Im not sure. Sometimes, once ghosted, youre dead to them. At the same time, maybe theres nothing to lose by trying to find out what happened? But, if the reason the person ghosted you did it due to their own cowardice to have awkward conversations, you may never find out the real deal....theyll just make up some BS to get past it. Is everybody always completely honest with the other person in a breakup? I doubt it.
But IMO the one thing to always remember, we can only change ourselves, we cant force other ppl to change, esp if they show no interest in doing so. So the only way to solve it is to come to terms with it and try to move forward in a different way.
It’s all good though. Their current lifestyle and whole life is in the toilet. That in and of itself is punishment enough. I am glad I didn’t waste anymore time on that person and found out now

·
Premium Member
11,415 Posts
It’s all good though. Their current lifestyle and whole life is in the toilet. That in and of itself is punishment enough. I am glad I didn’t waste anymore time on that person and found out now
and thats another situation I hadnt considered...that the person has got their own problems/things going on, that they either arent themselves or just dont have the time for a relationship/friendship that they once did.

sometimes ghosting isnt a bad thing. because there isnt a line drawn in the sand, theres an opportunity for things to pick up again where they left off, someday.

·
Premium Member
3,568 Posts
Sure lots of times. Every time it happens I say to myself, “a person that has so little respect for others or their feelings probably isn’t the type of person I want to know anyhow.”

It doesn’t take much to say, hey, I don’t think we’re on the same page or sorry, I’m not interested but best of luck. Only a self centered piece of shit would terminate a conversation/relationship without a word and for no apparent reason stop replying. Being rid of them is generally no great loss.

·
Premium Member
13,822 Posts
It's covid times. Some people may just not want to interact with anybody?

Reactions: Milkman

·
Premium Member
11,565 Posts
Yeah, but I refuse to change in response as it's not my issue. Not so much hurt as perplexed. Not concerned with a resolution...life's too short.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Yes and I just let it go and said “if I’m not good enough for her she’s not good enough for me” and I felt betrayed the first it happened and I put up a bunch of unhealthy emotional walls.

25461 - 25480 of 25641 Posts