The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

24761 - 24780 of 24964 Posts

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24,763 ·
I still have the Katana but lately I've been just plugging into my little Positive Grid Spark. For home use, it's pretty excellent IMO.

If I ever start using the upstairs guitar cave the Katana (and a few other amps) is set up and ready t blast.
I did not know that you were the owner of a Katana too! For the $ they are worth every cent.

·
Premium Member
18,387 Posts
I did not know that you were the owner of a Katana too! For the $ they are worth every cent.
Yes, I agree. If I was doing more than just playing in my office, the Katana would be a fine amp for jamming or gigging. And I think they're worth MORE than every cent you pay for them, at least compared to the price of many amps that do less.

·
Premium Member
3,460 Posts
So I’m nearly home after my errands. I just checked the tracking like 5 minutes before. There’s the mail man already past my house. So I stop and asked if he delivered a large package to my address. With a rather confused look he says no. I ask if there is another guy that might be delivering larger packages because tracking says it’s out for delivery. He says no, he’s the only guy. So I get him to check the truck and lo and behold there’s my guitar, the largest of 3 boxes in plain sight on an otherwise empty floor in the back of the little truck. Oh, there it is he says. YOU almost missed it.

WTF? What a useless twat.

I got my guitar....thanks for your help mail man. I know, I shouldn’t expect anyone to actually take any pride or make any effort in their job nowadays. I guess I’m just living in the past.

It’s in one piece, came as described and well packed. It’s in need of some mods that I routinely do to all my Strats. Deck the bridge, tie the bridge pickup to the middle pickup tone pot, reverse the pots’ wiring for standard right hand sweep so 1 is 1 and 10 is 10 and I get the right curve on the pot sweep.

I’ve now got 3 guitars and 2 amps ready for the shop when I can get in there and have a chat with my guy.

·
Premium Member
3,460 Posts
@silvertonebetty watch out for heat buildup with everything packed in there so tight. Even if the back is open there isn’t much room for air circulation. You might consider putting the desk to some other use.

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24,775 ·
Sometimes the simple things in life are so enjoyable. I forgot how enjoyable it was to read a book. Not listen to a podcast but actually sit back , relax and enjoy a book on the deck.

37C148CF-67F1-4F74-842E-C69F7512B25A.jpeg

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I was talking to a friend and he told me that his big operation went well. They managed to his issues that has been going on for 20 years. They always known about it but the doctors wouldn’t do anything so now the fella who’s in his late 50s early 60s has a body of a 107 year old. He told me today he hasn’t felt so good in years but he has more surgery to do in the near future. But I wouldn’t want to hear the doctors say” we almost lost you “ or “ how are you even alive “ that’s what his wife said yesterday when I called. I told her “ just let him sleep and I’ll call tomorrow “

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Not trying to be rude but how the hell does this happen. I ordered a key switch for the Honda and so far I’ve had three different delivery dates. Canada post says June 14th , yesterday say Amazon said June 22 and now it says July 13th like where the hell did that other month come into factor . And by the looks of it , it hasn’t moved in a week from the post office in bc .

·
Premium Member
18,387 Posts
Not trying to be rude but how the hell does this happen. I ordered a key switch for the Honda and so far I’ve had three different delivery dates. Canada post says June 14th , yesterday say Amazon said June 22 and now it says July 13th like where the hell did that other month come into factor . And by the looks of it , it hasn’t moved in a week from the post office in bc .

My suggestion is to ignore the tracking and promise dates.

Go with the longest date they promised.

They'll deliver it earlier than that.

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24,779 ·
My suggestion is to ignore the tracking and promise dates.

Go with the longest date they promised.

They'll deliver it earlier than that.
I ordered my glass slide almost 10 days ago from Amazon and surprise surprise it’s still not here.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I ordered my glass slide almost 10 days ago from Amazon and surprise surprise it’s still not here.
I guess it could always be worse. I’ve also been told lately they’ve been skipping the scanning till it reaches the final destination to avoid extra contact.

24761 - 24780 of 24964 Posts