The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

24741 - 24760 of 24963 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Paying homage to the latest K-pop band.
View attachment 368986
I know it's K-Pop, and I know who BTS are... I just don't understand the need for a Meal-Deal named after them. McDonalds are already doing "very well", and the K-Pop listeners are already (pretty much) their target market... how many more sale will this drive??

The reality, I can avoid this non-band in my day-to-day, but when they pop-up on the TV... well, f*ck... now I have to change the channel!!

Reactions: Lola

·
Premium Member
13,417 Posts
And a very nice example to boot.

Original 426 Hemi/automatic/4.10 Dana car

<3,000 miles

VIN: RM23R1G198919
= unaffordable. lol

Reactions: VHTO

·
Banned
13,249 Posts
I know it's K-Pop, and I know who BTS are... I just don't understand the need for a Meal-Deal named after them. McDonalds are already doing "very well", and the K-Pop listeners are already (pretty much) their target market... how many more sale will this drive??

The reality, I can avoid this non-band in my day-to-day, but when they pop-up on the TV... well, f*ck... now I have to change the channel!!
it's just advertising, it's just business. no different than Gibson using this picture of Henry looking cool af and rebelling against his own machine. drove denim and cheap SG sales through the roof amongst our demographic. also, something interesting. the BTS forums went nuts with confusion about who and why Gibson would do such a thing,., they talked none stop about for like 2 seconds...

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
it's just advertising, it's just business. no different than Gibson using this picture of Henry looking cool af and rebelling against his own machine. drove denim and cheap SG sales through the roff amongst our demographic. also, something interesting. the BTS forums went nuts with confusion about who and why Gibson would do such a thing,., they talked none stop about for like 2 seconds...

As long as it was posted in the “Random” thread on the BTS forum. It would be different if someone started a whole discussion thread dedicated to it.

·
Premium Member
13,417 Posts
Poor cheap Maestro.

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24,750 ·
Not just any patch cable, but it appears to be an earlier Planet Waves cable, which are awesome and durable.
I have a couple here that are at least 15 years old and have seen many shows, and without any issues. Wish I could say the same for the Fender Custom Shop cables…
Now I remember. This cable is from my pedal board. I went to change the pedals into a different configuration. My poor pedal board no longer feels the love. I have everything I could ever want on my Katana.

·
Premium Member
18,387 Posts
Now I remember. This cable is from my pedal board. I went to change the pedals into a different configuration. My poor pedal board no longer feels the love. I have everything I could ever want on my Katana.
I still have the Katana but lately I've been just plugging into my little Positive Grid Spark. For home use, it's pretty excellent IMO.

If I ever start using the upstairs guitar cave the Katana (and a few other amps) is set up and ready t blast.

·
Premium Member
13,417 Posts
At least you guys are using yours.
I've barely touched mine since buying it two years ago and when I did, it was mostly to fiddle around with the effects on the computer. lol
The speaker's not even broken in yet.

·
Premium Member
18,387 Posts
At least you guys are using yours.
I've barely touched mine since buying it two years ago and when I did, it was mostly to fiddle around with the effects on the computer. lol
The speaker's not even broken in yet.

Tell me about it. I have the 100 watt head a 2 X 12 cabinet. Even if I was gigging it would still be way more than I need.

·
Registered
350 Posts
i think I`m entering the "old white guy wants a Corvette" phase of life and I can`t afford one, so I`m lookin` at one of these with interest...sans rear wing. Never even driven one, but have wanted one since about 2008.

View attachment 368890
Is that the WRX (picture’s small on my phone)? If so be aware that a lot of the tools needed for even an oil change are specialized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Is that the WRX (picture’s small on my phone)? If so be aware that a lot of the tools needed for even an oil change are specialized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
STI by the looks of the rear wing. Also, the spark plug change........................NIGHTMARE!!!! Let the stealership do most mechanical under the hood. They're incredibly tight for room. I had a 2005 Legacy GT wagon and it took me easily a good afternoon to replace the plugs. Horrible DIY design under those hoods.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I got after my friend’s little one today. He had the his four wheeler out to tow the one he just got to the other barn and his son hops on and was going to drive it without a helmet. My friend told him to “get a helmet” and his son said” I’m just gonna put it back” and this went on for a few minutes then I raised my voice and I told the kid “ there was a 13 year old boy who just died because he wasn’t wearing his helmet! Now get your helmet “ then He ran and got his helmet. In a sense I wonder was that too hard on the boy .

·
Premium Member
3,460 Posts
Yeah, that would be my only concern, overstepping your boundaries when his father was there and attempting to deal with it in his way. As far as the kid goes....nah you were fine. Kids do stupid things. They need to be reminded of that sometimes.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Yeah, that would be my only concern, overstepping your boundaries when his father was there and attempting to deal with it in his way. As far as the kid goes....nah you were fine. Kids do stupid things. They need to be reminded of that sometimes.
My friend’s of I asked when his young fella was gone. I know if I didn’t have my helmet on when I fell off the dirt bike years ago it could have been a very different story. My collarbone has never been the same , weird thing is I don’t remember falling off just trying to get up and seeing my dad drive by laughing at me. The bike landed a few feet in front of me and I barely missed a big bolder .

24741 - 24760 of 24963 Posts