The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

23621 - 23640 of 23818 Posts

·
Registered
12,520 Posts
You were right Cheezy Blow my fuse by Kix is amazing. They sort of at times remind me of Motley Crüe and Ratt.
both bands you mentioned (ratt being one of my all time favs) have been shadowed by claims that they lean towards pop rock. with kix, it's much more apparent, and some of it has to do with their studio mix. kix does (intentionally) make pop rock, but i'm ok with it. i think motley crue might deny that they do it, and ratt probably doesn't like people pointing it out, but they do. for a long time, kix and poison had a giant feud. i'm not 100% sure, but iirc the singer from kix accused poison of stealing their stage act. kix is known by many to be a great live act, i don't really know anything about poison.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
both bands you mentioned (ratt being one of my all time favs) have been shadowed by claims that they lean towards pop rock. with kix, it's much more apparent, and some of it has to do with their studio mix. kix does (intentionally) make pop rock, but i'm ok with it. i think motley crue might deny that they do it, and ratt probably doesn't like people pointing it out, but they do. for a long time, kix and poison had a giant feud. i'm not 100% sure, but iirc the singer from kix accused poison of stealing their stage act. kix is known by many to be a great live act, i don't really know anything about poison.
Ratt was a wicked band!

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #23,632
Eddie and Alex. Don’t know how old. Found this in a Van Halen archive.

F0B16DBA-1503-4207-90C5-A42FB483CD72.jpeg

One of Eddies quotes on life

If you want to be a rock star or just be famous, then run down the street naked, you’ll make the news or something. But if you want music to be your livelihood, then play, play, play and play! And eventually you’ll get to where you want to be.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Got slightly bored 😑 so I started making bread . I have to let it raise for an hour for the dough to rise. Fingers crossed i did this correctly . I don’t think I made bread before.

23621 - 23640 of 23818 Posts