The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

21781 - 21800 of 21979 Posts

·
Registered
14,942 Posts
I'm getting about 3 weeks/ltr :D
That feels about right--maybe I'm getting a bit less though--still I don't remember the second last time I got gas--I do remember the last one as it was recent.

·
Registered
24,719 Posts
There is a creek and ravine behind the schoolyard adjacent to us. A beaver seems to have taken up residence there. My wife spotted it yesterday, but by the tie she came home and got me to put my shoes on and accompany her back to the location, it had moved to some other spot. However, the evidence of its presence were in abundance. A bunch of the smaller trees bordering the creek had been reduced to a stump sticking a foot out of the ground with a tip that had been chewed around to a point. Other trees that still hadn't yet fallen looked like a shark had taken big chunks out of the trunk.

That beaver is BUSY.

·
Registered
24,719 Posts
I’ve become a fan of the Irish sitcom “Bridget and Eamon”. They’re delightful idiots, surrounded by other delightful idiots. Watched an episode on Roku the other night that was simply brilliant.

Quick setup: Bridget is never without a cigarette, the way that Julian on TPB is never without a rum and coke. And I mean not EVER. The couple and their friends, the local priest, and a guy who came over to install illegal cable decide to barricade themselves inside the house when the TV license inspector comes to the door, so they can avoid being discovered with illegal cable (FOUR channels!).

Put this Youtube to the 16:00 mark, and see what happens when Bridget discovers that Eamon, the priest, and their friend have searched the house, and couldn’t find any smokes. I think you’ll agree with me that it is brilliant in its attention to details.

The only version of the episode I could find on Youtube was subtitled in Italian, but the English dialogue is clearly preserved.

·
Premium Member
16,851 Posts
I just had to change a flat tire on my wife's car. It was sitting in the driveway which is better than out on the street, but my driveway kind of sucks. It's poorly laid pavers and it's not even close to level or flat.

It snowed last night.

Laying on the ground trying to get under a car with a totally flat tire.........

All done. I wasn't looking forward to it, but it wasn't that bad really.

·
Registered
24,719 Posts
I don't know how many times I've seen that scene in different variations. lol
I was blithely watching the episode, and didn't clue in right away. But when she removes her glasses with the shaky hand, I thought "OMG, are they actually doing that?!". It's the way it sneaks up on you unsuspectingly. Almost as good as the ending of the season of Curb Your Entusiasm, when Mel Brooks and Anne Bancroft cross the street to the bar near the theatre, happy to be rid of the burden that The Producers has been, and only to have their hopes dashed. The entire season was written to arrive at that delicious scene. Similarly, the entire Bridget & Eamon episode seems to have been constructed and woven to arrive at that critical scene. Small wonder the pair won the Irish Emmy equivalents for their show.

·
Registered
14,093 Posts
I was blithely watching the episode, and didn't clue in right away. But when she removes her glasses with the shaky hand, I thought "OMG, are they actually doing that?!". It's the way it sneaks up on you unsuspectingly. Almost as good as the ending of the season of Curb Your Entusiasm, when Mel Brooks and Anne Bancroft cross the street to the bar near the theatre, happy to be rid of the burden that The Producers has been, and only to have their hopes dashed. The entire season was written to arrive at that delicious scene. Similarly, the entire Bridget & Eamon episode seems to have been constructed and woven to arrive at that critical scene. Small wonder the pair won the Irish Emmy equivalents for their show.
I watched it a couple of times and I don't see anything. Run out of coffee with a similar reaction, yes but smokes, nope. Worst comes to worst there's always butts around. The reaction I've done or seen is to go look for butts, get something to eat and head for a shop.

·
Registered
24,719 Posts
I watched it a couple of times and I don't see anything. Run out of coffee with a similar reaction, yes but smokes, nope. Worst comes to worst there's always butts around. The reaction I've done or seen is to go look for butts, get something to eat and head for a shop.
Watch this, then watch Bridget again.

21781 - 21800 of 21979 Posts