The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

21761 - 21780 of 21980 Posts

·
Registered
14,942 Posts
I posted this way back when things were just starting, but it is even more relevant now--so certainly ripe for posting it again.
I was planning on a hair cut in late March, but since things shut down I still haven't had one.
I could probably get this one done to me, although me hair isn't quite as long as that yet.

Reactions: Verne

·
Registered
14,093 Posts
I posted this way back when things were just starting, but it is even more relevant now--so certainly ripe for posting it again.
I was planning on a hair cut in late March, but since things shut down I still haven't had one.
I could probably get this one done to me, although me hair isn't quite as long as that yet.
There are barber shops and hairdressers open here....at least there were on Wed. Some have been open for a while. But then why get a hair cut? Last hair cut and shave I got was just before I went on vacation....that will last me the rest of my life. If I got my hair cut like that the front half on top would be pretty shiny.

·
Registered
14,942 Posts
There are barber shops and hairdressers open here....at least there were on Wed. Some have been open for a while. But then why get a hair cut? Last hair cut and shave I got was just before I went on vacation....that will last me the rest of my life. If I got my hair cut like that the front half on top would be pretty shiny.
Why risk Covid exposure for one--especially now?
When they first re-opened they were backdated quite a bit.
Maybe in 2021

Reactions: Milkman

·
Registered
14,093 Posts
That's a great ride and it's nice to see a face or two and a bike or two I recognize. If you're ever in Lytton stop off at Ken's place.

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Maybe in 2021
Agreed. Last cut I got I did it myself with some buzz clippers. It's hair, it will grow back. I am shaggy again now. Worried? No, it's winter in Canada, I'll be wearing a toque. This spring I'll buzz it again.

·
Registered
14,093 Posts
Maybe in 2021
I'd say the odds of you getting covid from a barbershop are probably less than say pumping your own gas or going to your Dr.'s office. I know when I was out at the U of C/HSC on Wed there was a chance I could have caught something there. Especially when I was killing time sitting in the Atrium having a cup of so/so coffee. At gas stations I doubt if they have anyone come out and disinfect each gas pump after every use. If you live in an apt. complex with communal washers and dryers there's another risk. Same if you take the c-train and buy your tickets from a machine or use a bank machine. But it's your choice. Me I'm out and about almost every day. That's my choice.

·
Registered
14,942 Posts
I'd say the odds of you getting covid from a barbershop are probably less than say pumping your own gas or going to your Dr.'s office. I know when I was out at the U of C/HSC on Wed there was a chance I could have caught something there. Especially when I was killing time sitting in the Atrium having a cup of so/so coffee. At gas stations I doubt if they have anyone come out and disinfect each gas pump after every use. If you live in an apt. complex with communal washers and dryers there's another risk. Same if you take the c-train and buy your tickets from a machine or use a bank machine. But it's your choice. Me I'm out and about almost every day. That's my choice.
Shhh, that's just my excuse.
Still anything you do carries risk.
I was recently at the dentist, but they already had protocols in place before Covid, so I am not concerned about them at all, they really stepped things up.

And getting gas?
Don't need to do that as often these days--and I wear gloves for that--just in case--even if that's not really a big risk.

I like having long hair.

21761 - 21780 of 21980 Posts