The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
4341 - 4360 of 4368 Posts

· Premium Member
14,328 Posts
All amusement aside, this cautionary tale hits home, and hard.

True confession.

In my much younger, naive, pussy-whipped life I allowed a girl to make me choose her instead of my band. At first she didn't seem to mind, maybe even enjoyed that fact that I was a weekend warrior, then she seemed only to tolerate it, then it briefly became an issue before she became enraged by it. I didn't understand the tip of the iceberg thing, the Jeckyll & Hyde thing, or that anyone could even be like that. "Well, you won't be needing all these guitars now, will you!" In my heart of hearts I knew I was doing the wrong thing, it just took me another year to stamp her passport to Splitsville. And other year later I met the future Mrs. Enabler, so it all worked out in the end.

· Premium Member
18,133 Posts
Well this kind of sucks , the fella with the guild won’t lower the price lower than $1300 , and I don’t feel like selling a guitar just to gat an extra $300
Ask if he'll accept a deposit to hold it till you raise the $300 that you need?

Reactions: Mooh

· Registered
19,540 Posts
Storm on the way and the deer know it. This is the most I have seen at one time this year. There are about 60 deer at the time of this posting.

· Premium Member
2,678 Posts
@Steadfastly I don’t know how to link it, there is a CTV news cast on Dundurn deer present a problem. This is few miles from my place, I hunt on the property beside that, this is a bit of karma as this crazy fool wont let anyone hunt on his property. I still have deer mowing down my trees and shrubs, they are so hungry they are moving about 2’ of snow to get at my lawn. I remote started my truck this morning and watched deer scattering everywhere. Last weekend when the ice augers fired up on the lake I probably had 25 deer running through my yard.

· Registered
19,540 Posts
@MarkM let's see if this works. In NB there is no problem killing deer or bears if it is destroying your crop. Those Saskatchewan farmers need to be able to do the same. All it takes is to kill a few and the rest of the deer understand it's not a safe place to be in. Also, we have killed of the wolves and they would have kept the balance in check. In the article they said the government doesn't want to issue licenses to the farmers to shoot the deer but prefer the farmers to use fencing, etc. to keep them away. Do you know high deer can jump? Ten feet is not impossible for some.

Reactions: MarkM
4341 - 4360 of 4368 Posts