The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UGH...I just finished BAILING OUT WATER FROM MY BASEMENT WINDOW WELLS!!!! We stopped the water in time so it didnt do any damage :D

But man, I was out there for like half an hour using bricks, sand, etc to stop water from entering our yard. I also had to bail out water with a large pail and wow...it really was pouring.

anybody else experiencing this sort of thing?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I just got home and quickly ran downstairs to move guitars and amps to higher ground. My basement floods for a few weeks every spring so I'm used to it. My dog is completely terrified of the thunder though.

·
Registered
306 Posts
We had reports of at least one tornado touching down just west of Edmonton near Stony Plain, and hail ranging from grapes to golf balls in size. Apparently there was so much rain that roads were flooding and water was running down grade and slamming into people's homes like a prairie tsunami. I'm in west Edmonton, and although I didn't get any water in my basement, I did have a section of fence break off...may have to replace the back stretch of fence sooner rather than later. The skies were definitely scary driving home tonight!

·
Registered
485 Posts
UGH...I just finished BAILING OUT WATER FROM MY BASEMENT WINDOW WELLS!!!! We stopped the water in time so it didnt do any damage :D

But man, I was out there for like half an hour using bricks, sand, etc to stop water from entering our yard. I also had to bail out water with a large pail and wow...it really was pouring.

anybody else experiencing this sort of thing?
It was coming down in sheets here! The house across the street was a grey blur. Both cats are hiding under the bed because the thunder is deafening. I'm afraid to go downstairs to the basement! Power kept cutting out while I was watching Canadian Idol.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
hmm

maybe a sale coming up?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Two feet of water throughout the whole store. 2 Million in damage.

I imagine Larry is wishing he had moved a couple months earlier....
Whoa!

Any idea what percentage of that 2 mil total is in damaged inventory? All of their pricey guitars hang up high anyway, but all the amps were on the floor. I'd scoop up a slightly moist Star or Dr Z for a couple bucks if I could.

Is L&M moving? Are you saying they were planning a move already?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I just checked out the Calgary store location from the website. Now that I know where they are located, I may just swing by...I'm going to be in Calgary teaching a course Monday and Tuesday of next week, so I will be staying at the Comfort Inn just a few blocks from there. They probably have the same stuff as the Edmonton store, but it couldn't hurt to pop in just for kicks. Maybe I should bring a little extra cash with me just in case...

·
Registered
485 Posts
Probably not if everything is covered by insurance.
That's what we were told. We were actually there on Wednesday early afternoon. All the staff were bailing water out of the store in gray garbage cans and pouring it into the parking lot. They looked and sounded completely shocked. I felt so bad for them. Imagine showing up for work and that's what you're faced with? They showed us where the water line was on the front glass doors, a good eight inches high. The guitars that were up on the walls were okay but those on the floor not so lucky. I felt really bad for the folks who had bought acoustics on layaway. Those guitars were 'chosen' guitars that someone was excited about getting and putting their hard-earned cash on whenever they had some. Those guitars did not survive. We asked them if they were going to have a sale and the response was that the merchandise that was ruined, was RUINED beyond use or repair. There were a few of those giant garbage bins out front, all full of debris. It was pretty horrifying. Thank goodness for insurance in this case.

That's how it was on Wednesday. I don't know if anything's changed or not. Lolligagger, I'd phone first before driving down because my understanding was that they were not going to be selling anything off.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Lolligagger, I'd phone first before driving down because my understanding was that they were not going to be selling anything off.
You know, I think its only a few blocks away from where I am staying. I pretty much thought about heading over just to get out of the hotel and fondle some guitars for a while. I really don't have any other expectations.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts