The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does rack gear work? Like how do you connect it, is it just like pedals and you link 'em all up together with cables then plug into the amp? Also, is it possible to get a little rackmount deal with some reverb and delays, then have a footswitch come out of it so I can click both effects on and off at the same time?

I'm using my POD XTL in the effects loop without the amp / cab models for this purpose but it would probably be much better to just get a rackmount thing. Plus I could get a noise gate and tuner which would free up space on my pedalboard (when I make one... but I won't do that until I get the tone I want figured out).

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I use a TC Electronics G Major in the effects loop of my Legacy for reverbs, delays, and chorus, all controlled by a Rocktron Midimate midi pedal.
The great thing about the G Major is it also has relays to switch channels on the amp, which again can be controlled by the Midimate.

It has a built in noise gate, but its not the best, and a tuner as well.

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
Ive been racked since the 80s. The ADAs were good, but they were very noisy. Todays racks are much better. Rack tuners are really useful as well, as you can see them in the dark, and you can stand up to see them. They arentas good as a strobe, but they are starting to come with strobe rack tuners now..........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts