The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old Bud Melman passed away...I used to laugh at alot of his skits on the old Letterman show.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Yeah, I heard about it this morning on the radio. His real name was Calvert DeForest and he could be downright hilarious. I remember back in the "Late Night" days there was a segment where they had him out in a bus station interviewing people with a hand held mic and as he was asking the person a question he'd hold the mic towards the person instead of waiting until he'd finished the question and he kept doing this over and over. I don't think I've ever seen Dave laugh harder than he did when that segment was on. BTW I found it on YouTube. Here's the URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ7PMG8c2gI R.I.P. Larry "Bud" Melman. :frown:

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
Kenmac said:
Yeah, I heard about it this morning on the radio. His real name was Calvert DeForest and he could be downright hilarious. I remember back in the "Late Night" days there was a segment where they had him out in a bus station interviewing people with a hand held mic and as he was asking the person a question he'd hold the mic towards the person instead of waiting until he'd finished the question and he kept doing this over and over. I don't think I've ever seen Dave laugh harder than he did when that segment was on. BTW I found it on YouTube. Here's the URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ7PMG8c2gI R.I.P. Larry "Bud" Melman. :frown:

I just laughed my ass off at that clip !!!!!!
Sorry that he has left us.
R.I.P. Larry

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I could never figure out how much of the joke he was in on. I think it was really a mixture of him playing it up for the skit while also being completely oblivious.

That skit with the mic is funny. Man, it's hard to remember that Letterman was actually funny once upon a time.

TG

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Well I still watch Daves show and have been doing so since his "Morning Show" days and I still find him to be as funny as he ever was. It's kind of like "Seinfeld" fans saying the show wasn't funny after such and such year. :confused: Anyway, the thing about Calvert is, and this may or may not be accurate, but it seems like they threw him in front of the camera without any rehearsal and told him to read off of the cue cards or at least that's how it appeared.

traynor_garnet said:
I could never figure out how much of the joke he was in on. I think it was really a mixture of him playing it up for the skit while also being completely oblivious.

That skit with the mic is funny. Man, it's hard to remember that Letterman was actually funny once upon a time.

TG

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
:smile: I remember watching that way back in 1983 and I think I was laughing as hard as Dave was.

faracaster said:
I just laughed my ass off at that clip !!!!!!
Sorry that he has left us.
R.I.P. Larry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts