The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings members of the Guitars Canada Forum.

My name is Doug and I am fredy's friend and neighbour.

It is with great sadness that I must inform you all that fredyfreeloader (Earl) passed away suddenly (and unexpectedly) on Monday October 23rd.

His wife asked me to make this post, to not only inform you of his passing, but also to express her thanks to you for having this forum, which he very much enjoyed. Earl had a great time not only reading your words, but also took great joy in the many conversations he had with fellow Guitar Canada members. Every morning one of the first things Earl did each day was to check here to see what y'all were up to.

I don't know what else to say but, Thank You all for bringing great joy to his life. He cherished the time he was able to spend with you.

R.I.P. Earl (fredyfreeloader)
Doug.

·
Registered
24,706 Posts
Thanks for letting us know, Doug.

It's a big community here, but small enough that many folks seem like virtual neighbours because we run into them so often. I sometimes wonder what my wife would do if I passed. I wouldn't want to leave anyone on any of the forums I'm on thinking that I got pissed off and just decided to leave, or that I had simply lost complete interest in the subject matter. Would she know who to notify or what to say?

If Earl used a handle derived from an old Red Skelton character, I'm guessing he was at least of pensionable age. Here's to Earl/Freddy. Nice hangin' with you, pal.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ please pardon my unintended omission, Freddy (Earl) was 76 years of age.
Doug.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Sad to lose a member of our community. Condolences to his family and friends.

Reactions: Lola

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I am so sorry and saddened to hear this. Rest in peace dear friend, Rock On with the best...

Thank you Doug very much and please pass my deepest condolences to Earl's widow.

Bojan

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Thanks for letting us know, Doug. Fredy was a pretty funny guy and I always enjoyed reading his posts. R.I.P. Earl. (Fredy).

·
Registered
11,963 Posts
Sorry to hear of this. Thanks for letting us know Doug, much appreciated.

My condolences to his family and friends.

RIP Earl

·
Premium Member
10,051 Posts
When I was little, 76 seemed so old....right about the time of an average life expectancy. Now, not so much.
Condolences to the family.

·
Premium Member
3,414 Posts
Thanks for letting us know Doug.
My condolences to you, his family & all his friends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
345 Posts
I am sorry to hear this.

Fredy and I both participated in the "Wi-Fi Range Extender" thread. He made some funny remarks. I am glad he had a good time here, as I surely enjoyed his funny banters.

Thanks for letting us know, Doug. Please convey my condolences to Earl (Fredy)'s family and friends.

R.I.P. Earl (fredyfreeloader)

·
Premium Member
13,086 Posts
Sad day when a fellow forum member passes. RIP fredyfreeloader

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 63 SG Standard, 62 Fender Princeton and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,194 Posts
RIP Earl!

·
Premium Member
17,616 Posts
Such sad, sad news. We are a close community here and Earl (Fredy) has been participating since 2010.

I am so glad that he enjoyed this forum and that many of us had the opportunity to exchange some comments, ideas and laughs with him. I understand how important a social community like this can become. I have met many of my closest friends through this forum.

My condolences to his wife, family and friends.
Take good care of each other.

Thank you for writing to us, Doug.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts