The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Saw this on the Dr Z forum. Thought some here may be interested too.

The band is The Analogues. They're Dutch, and their thing is to do whole Beatles albums in concert.

This is the complete Sgt Peppers album, followed by an encore of some hits. The band is a 5 piece but they brought in strings, horns, tablas, sitars, and anything else that was actually on the Pepper album.

I've seen sone Fab Faux stuff which is pretty cool. This may be cooler.

·
Administrator
15,981 Posts

Saw this on the Dr Z forum. Thought some here may be interested too.

The band is The Analogues. They're Dutch, and their thing is to do whole Beatles albums in concert.

This is the complete Sgt Peppers album, followed by an encore of some hits. The band is a 5 piece but they brought in strings, horns, tablas, sitars, and anything else that was actually on the Pepper album.

I've seen sone Fab Faux stuff which is pretty cool. This may be cooler.
Brilliant, and still a million times better than any of the shit being produced today.

I "might" be a bit prejudiced.

L

·
0 Posts
Wow.
I just did a quick skim, but I'll get back to the whole show some other time.

·
Registered
24,347 Posts
Well done. My only complaint is the ending of Lovely Rita. They didn't really nail the heavy funk of the original, which was incredibly sexy, even if only for 20 seconds.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Sweet. Saw a tribute band wayyyyy back in the early 90's called Revolver that did a great job, but this production is awesome.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Brilliant, and still a million times better than any of the [stuff] being produced today.

I "might" be a bit prejudiced.
In most cases, you are right.

·
Registered
24,347 Posts
As terrific a reproduction of the Sgt. Pepper album as this show was, I think it aptly illustrates that it would have been commercially impossible at that time to perform the album live and tour with it. Bear in mind there were no wireless mics in those days, for the roadie to hand the musician another guitar for a quick change. Mind you, what with the screaming that would have occurred, I suppose they could have done the album with one guitar and a tambourine, and no one would have heard the difference. :rolleyes: If you ever saw the film footage of the Shea Stadium show, I have no idea how anybody other than the recordist heard anything intelligible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts