The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
He sounds like a bitter old man taking shots at anyone and everyone.
I agree. I read some of this last night on another feed, but after the first few lines I stopped reading cause it sounded more like sour grapes than anything.... which I don't understand cause he is certainly accomplished. I also don't recall ever hearing any involvement he had with any Beatles recordings.

Weird!

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
"a Netflix documentary and a CBS special hosted by Oprah Winfrey are on the horizon"
Sounds like he's trying (and succeeding) to generate some press. Probably a book coming too.

·
Registered
558 Posts
It's interesting to observe just how important rhythm is to Jones. When he slags the Beatles, he is utterly uninterested in their employment of polyphony. And the one he spends extra time slagging is Ringo Starr. The comments on hiphop are interesting. The 4-bar format of hiphop is different from the Tin Pan 8-bar or the Southern 12-bar format. The 4-bar format has always been a technological and legal limitation from the early days of the genre that has carried on beyond to where it has become a defining feature of the genre. You don't bebop in 4-bars so it bores Jones. Fair enough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts