The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my amps. Tubes galore. But I dug the sound of my LP through a Peavey Backstage (verge of breakup...nothing more) years ago, too, so I'm not totally averse to solid state.

Very interested in the Quilter Mach 2 Pro with the 8" speaker. I play a lot of styles and this looks versatile. 19 pounds (8.6 kg up there...right?) sounds good to me, too.

Anyone tried one?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Yes. I'm getting tired (or my back tells me so) of hauling around tube amps with big iron no matter how great they sound when one can actually crank them. The MP8 sounds a LOT bigger than one would expect from an 8" speaker, and has great dispersion. Great grab & go amp that works from bedroom to studio to club, IMHO. It really excels when you 'stack' it with the Quilter closed back 1-12 cab, even better if you swap the Celestion for a Eminence Lil Texas neo.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. I'm getting tired (or my back tells me so) of hauling around tube amps with big iron no matter how great they sound when one can actually crank them. The MP8 sounds a LOT bigger than one would expect from an 8" speaker, and has great dispersion. Great grab & go amp that works from bedroom to studio to club, IMHO. It really excels when you 'stack' it with the Quilter closed back 1-12 cab, even better if you swap the Celestion for a Eminence Lil Texas neo.
Thanks, David. I'm thinking of just using it as a standalone for now and have tucked the idea of the ext cab in the back of my mind for future reference.

Li'l Texas is a nice speaker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts