The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved to the Saint John area.

Is there a local music newspaper or some other method that people advertise when they're looking to join a band? I just got here a few days ago, and I picked up some university type newspaper, but there's no musicians wanted section.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Pete

Made it in one piece. The place is great, lots of room, and I can start cranking up the amps again. :rockon2:

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Terry

·
Registered
737 Posts
I just moved to the Saint John area.

Is there a local music newspaper or some other method that people advertise when they're looking to join a band? I just got here a few days ago, and I picked up some university type newspaper, but there's no musicians wanted section.

Thanks!
Hey Terry; Good to see you made it!

Check www.giraffecycle.com, it used to be good but not so much lately, you can post if you join. And there's http://saintjohn.kijiji.ca/, we don't have a craiglist that I know of. Musicstop, Morris and Beats&Bytes have places you can post.

Also pick up a copy of 'Here' tabloid available free just about anywhere, there's listing of bands plaing, open-mike/karoke stuff, but it's a pretty quiet town. The Barnwood, in your area behind Pizza Delight, I think, usually has bands playing, good pub. Downtown you will find bars/pubs with the odd band.

Welcome neighbour!
:wave:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts