The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the movie, and I have some questions about it.

1. Were the flowers having sex in the animation?
2. Whats really going on in another brick in the wall, with kids falling into a meat grinder?
3. How did he go from rock star to leader of the german army?

G

·
1 yes

2 Euphemism... the education system, taking fresh meat and cranking out a bland, tasteless sameness at the expense of individuality

3 allegory.... Roger Waters has always had delusions of grandeur when it comes to fronting a band

·
Registered
169 Posts
There is more to this than meets the eye. Listen to the lyrics,"we don't need no education." It's a double negative. The school kids are actually proclaiming their need for an education. Pink Floyd the thinking man's band.:rockon:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
The wall's a movie??!!:DevilGuitar:

·
Registered
698 Posts
ClintonHammond said:
3 allegory.... Roger Waters has always had delusions of grandeur when it comes to fronting a band
<snicker, snicker> This made my afternoon...and got Cartman quotes out of my brain - at least for the moment...

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Lately I have become a huge Gilmour fan , the wall is my ill spent youth. Some of his best guitar work was on that album in my opinion. I have been a Floyd fan for over 40 years. The wall was a part of my life where I may have experimented with illicit substances that changed my perception of reality? I have worn out 2 LPs, 1 cassette and still have a vinyl copy, cassette and CD.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
1) Dark Side of the Moon
2) Animals
3) The Piper at the Gates of Dawn
4) Saucerful of Secrets (the organ sequence at the end, "Celestial Voices" is one of the most majestic chord progressions ever)

·
Premium Member
9,655 Posts
Wish You Were Here, for me. Dark followed by any tho I don’t have the patience any more for the early experimental stuff, I do own and know it. Wall came out late high school, was invited to a listen party, it was trippy as hell. At big volume with various party ingestibles.

Also saw the movie first release, it is not memorable, other than being vaguely bored.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Funny how all these old threads are getting resurrected via the new "Recommended Reading" algorithm.

Lots of votes for Animals, which is great, but haven't seen much love for Wish You Were Here LP! (thanks @keto )

Have a Cigar is such an incredible example of Gilmour's pure tone.

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Whew. For a minute I thought Clinton Hammond was back.
Who? Another “Brick in the Wall”? (Did he get banned?)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts