The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
I’m afraid to watch this because my benevolent indifference to the machinations of slide trombone players might be irretrievably prejudiced .. lol

·
Premium Member
11,879 Posts

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
I’m afraid to watch this because my benevolent indifference to the machinations of slide trombone players might be irretrievably prejudiced .. lol
What..... are you calling us.....
This reminds me that I own one..don't ever play it 'cause I suck ...and don't have 3 hrs a day to practice......

·
Registered
24,390 Posts
One of the most surreal and magical things I've ever seen was a college bowl football game half-time show I saw in the early 70's. A large university marching band, in full regalia - tall hats, epaulets, tassles, drum majors, snazzy uniforms, the whole shebang - marched up and down the field, high-stepping, and playing the entirety of Inna-Gadda-Da-Vida, complete with drum solo. It was awesome with extra awesome sauce.

·
Premium Member
2,104 Posts
Lots of brass instruments live is an awesome experience. My wife and I got married in New Orleans. Our hotel was on the corner of Bourbon and Canal. Every evening a group of up to 20 street musicians, all brass, would play for a couple hours behind the hotel and pass around a cardboard box. The box was full by the end of the night, mostly dollar bills but more than a few fives and tens in there. It just free form New Orleans Jazz. It was awesome. The crowd was dancing.

1A93095F-29AE-43BA-A617-E7998590853C.jpeg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts