The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A nice step up from the e835 for just a few dollars more, at $129.95 ($100 off).

It's on sale at both L&M and Cosmo, so probably elsewhere as well.

·
Premium Member
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sennheiser is just giving mics away lately
They're like Canadian Tire - sooner or later they all come on sale, except the cyle is much longer - and the already affordable 800 series doesn't ever seem to get discounted. These ones seem to come up every two or three years.

·
Registered
11,974 Posts
I think that I bought the three pack of E835s a few years ago from a headsup in here.

I brought one for the singer in the band and we both preferred those to what we were using, I had a Shure 58.

·
Premium Member
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that I bought the three pack of E835s a few years ago from a headsup in here.

I brought one for the singer in the band and we both preferred those to what we were using, I had a Shure 58.
Those 3-packs are hard to beat for value, if you can find a use for all three mics. I have a bunch of e835s and I also like them a whole lot better than SM58s. These have a similar cardioid pattern, with a crisper top end, and higher output.

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I have a wireless e835 and it's impressive.

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
Those 3-packs are hard to beat for value, if you can find a use for all three mics. I have a bunch of e835s and I also like them a whole lot better than SM58s. These have a similar cardioid pattern, with a crisper top end, and higher output.
Thanks for this. I have a couple of e835s and was wondering what the difference is. I'm quite a quiet singer so the higher output may be good.

·
Premium Member
12,301 Posts
They're like Canadian Tire - sooner or later they all come on sale, except the cyle is much longer - and the already affordable 800 series doesn't ever seem to get discounted. These ones seem to come up every two or three years.
Actually, aren't they doing a different mic every month. It was last December I got an e906 for cheaper than a 609. I was tempted in Oct by the MD421 that was on sale. They may eventually rotate through everything, even the 800 series. Good marketing that seems to be working for them. I love my Sennheisers.

Reactions: bw66

·
Premium Member
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually, aren't they doing a different mic every month. It was last December I got an e906 for cheaper than a 609. I was tempted in Oct by the MD421 that was on sale. They may eventually rotate through everything, even the 800 series. Good marketing that seems to be working for them. I love my Sennheisers.
I thought that the one-a-month thing was only for last year - some sort of anniversary celebration. Maybe they decided to continue it - it would definitely be good marketing if they did. Plus I missed out on the 906 and 421 because they weren't in the budget at the time - hopefully I'll get another chance. I love their stuff too - I have at least 4 different Sennheiser mics and recently picked up a set of headphones (also on sale) which I am loving.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
I snagged one the other day. I may go back for more. Great vocal/MC mic, and they look good too. I also grabbed a set of HD 200 phones on a major deal.

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
I am tempted to get this but I have mics coming out of my yin yang. LOL I did buy the e906, e835, e865, md421 during this sale that they keep doing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts