The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,831 Posts
Make sure its not stolen first then away ya go.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully it didn't go something like this.......

Son-Dad, when are you going to give me your Gibson?

Dad-Boy, you'll have to pry it outta my cold dead hands.

Son-Whack!!! Splash!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,865 Posts
The bridge posts are a giveaway, along with the vaguely shaped truss rod cover. Stay far, far away.
LOL

Why do thieves always have such crappy cameras? Step one, steal a good camera, doofus. Oh wait, that shite camera maybe part of hiding the whole crappy guitar, but I guess someone will have to buy it to find out.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking at his other ads it appears he legitimately has a crappy camera. LOL. To be fair he lives in Innisfil. They only have 2mp cameras there. Still Stylin' mullets too!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I tried phoning --- no answer.

I can't say I've ever seen a LP Standard truss rod cover with such a similarity to the LP Custom truss rod cover.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think the point has been made that it's a cheap copy, but in addition to what's been mentioned the nut is made of black plastic, the Gibson logo looks like a decal, and the tuning pegs are wrong too.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Or they havent seen the email yet? They are country wide.
Bear with my anecdote: At my first real job, there was a large assembly floor and for some reason is was primarily staffed by small-sized, middle-aged, Asian ladies (who were superb at their jobs and to work with, by the way). One issue that was always in the air is that they were too cold and frustrated by the lack of progress on that issue. Finally, the General Manager installed a thermostat dial on the wall, the ladies were able to adjust the temperature and complaints completely (I mean completely) stopped. One problem: the thermostat was not connected to anything (the GM was a bit of a scumbag; he was fired later, but not for this).

I am pretty sure he runs Kijiji now.

(ObOnTopic: There’s not been a single time when my reports of scams or other issues resulted in anything with a hint of action from Kijiji. Those buttons/emails are not connected to anything).

·
Registered
460 Posts
I wonder how they proceed for something like this?

Seller posts an ad saying it's a Gibson.

Someone reports it as a fake Gibson

A Kijiji staff member looks at the ad and says "How the fk do I know if it's a fake??"

Perhaps they err on the side of caution and delete fake/counterfeit items or do they not want to alienate potential sellers and just think "buyer beware"?

eBay appears to take a hard line on counterfeit or potentially counterfeit items. Not sure with Kijiji?

·
Premium Member
16,831 Posts
Someone just make an "ALERT: Scammer!" post then

1 - 20 of 27 Posts