The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If your account is still active I would suggest going there and downloading any pictures you want to keep.
There are people reporting that they can't gain access to their pictures after getting the email about the new terms of agreement.
I was able to get what I wanted off but my account seems to still be functioning for now.
It seems the accounts are being locked as you receive the email.

JFYI

·
Super Moderator
15,754 Posts
I downloaded all of my stuff a couple of months ago, I could see this coming. I received the email and ignored it, everything still seems to work for now but I'm gradually moving over to Imgur until i find something better.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't decided what to use yet,wish I knew more about setting up my own domain/hosting platform.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I think the pics will still show where you linked them, you might just not be able to use the URLs anymore. If I transfer all the images I have there, they will all disappear from everywhere I posted them.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the pics will still show where you linked them, you might just not be able to use the URLs anymore. If I transfer all the images I have there, they will all disappear from everywhere I posted them.
They will show until they get around to your account,several guy's links on TGP have been disabled.pics replaced with a notification to upgrade.
It's a mess,if you don't upgrade to the $399 package ,your pics will eventually be replaced with said notification.

·
Registered
750 Posts
They will show until they get around to your account,several guy's links on TGP have been disabled.pics replaced with a notification to upgrade.
It's a mess,if you don't upgrade to the $399 package ,your pics will eventually be replaced with said notification.
So, one way or another, I'll would have to repost ALL the images I put on forums. Not doing it.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Site doesn't seem to working correctly for me now. Can't see pictures....

I don't think I have anything there that I don't already have on my pc anyway.

·
Registered
8,560 Posts
Can you still access your PB account and download or delete your pics ?

Last time I checked yes, but that was a couple of days ago.

Edit - I just checked and can still log in. I didn't try to download anything as I am not sure there is really anything there that I want to keep that isn't already on my computer.

·
Registered
498 Posts
They're attempting to stick me up for $99 per year. :mad: My account is virtually unusable. :mad: Only dogged determination allows use. :mad: (I go thru previously posted pic's to get to PB, and then log in.) Regular methods don't work :mad: (short cut icon), and it's just become too labour intensive to be at all practical. :mad:

I'm looking for alternatives. :cool:

Edit: haven't noticed pic's not showing up on forums, & I've only used 4% of allowed storage. I'll likely go to flicker. Thanks for handy link (post #8) colchar.

·
Premium Member
8,545 Posts
Yeah reading the terms now, free account no longer allows linking. Expect all my pics from forever to die, there must be several hundred linked to GC.

·
Premium Member
8,545 Posts
I've tried a couple different ways to start saving pics off of PB, but though it seems I can get the files on my computer, Win10 won't open them. File extension says .jpeg , PB must be screwing around preventing this.

Got any step by step instructions?

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've tried a couple different ways to start saving pics off of PB, but though it seems I can get the files on my computer, Win10 won't open them. File extension says .jpeg , PB must be screwing around preventing this.

Got any step by step instructions?
I just used the Download Album tab on PB .
It put all the pics from one album in a Zipfile which I then downloaded and then I extract them.
Win10 opens them for me.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Hopefully that behaviour means the end. How can anyone trust them now? If they changed the rules so that no NEW picture could be linked without account, that's a completely different matter, but the bait-and-switch with existing photos pre-new rule is a dick move that should be punished with 100% customer boycott.

Photobucket says photo-f**k-it, starts off-site image shakedown

1 - 20 of 100 Posts