The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Trade option added: looking for an EBMM Stingray guitar, Mariposa, Valentine, or maybe a St Vincent. Can add cash if necessary

This is a core 2009 Paul Reed Smith Starla. Some nicks and dings pictured as best as I could. This is a player's instrument with some modifications:
  1. Pickups have been replaced with a set of Vineham 6070s (to help the guitar fully realize it's destiny as a secret SG), but the original Filtertron-inspired pickups are in the case and work perfectly. The coil split has been disconnected because splitting coils is for wieners.
  2. Bigsby roller bar has been replaced with the solid steel roller made by Callaham, and the back bar has been replaced with the solid steel string-through Callaham part as well. The arm and spring are currently sitting in the case because I prefer a hardtail -- can be left as-is or set up with the arm for buyer's preference. The original bigsby roller and tail bar are not included -- I recycled them when I installed the Callaham parts
  3. Original K-style non-locking tuners replaced with a brand new set of locking Gotoh SD90s. Original tuners are included.
The neck is the wide fat carve, which is wonderful. The finish is a very SG transparent cherry -- I think it usually shows a bit darker than the pictures here, but the grain is prominent. I can't see any seams, and I believe it is a one-piece mahogany body.

Comes with the OHSC and some case candy. As mentioned above, the Bigsby arm and spring, original tuners, and original pickups are also in the case.

Asking $1750 for a local deal, not really looking for trades. Happy to provide a quote for fast and insured shipping anywhere in Canada.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FYI I reinstalled the Bigsby arm today for any locals who want to try it out and check out tuning stability.

FYI part 2: turns out I still don't like Bigsbys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts