The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ripped off from Guitar World article.

If you’ve shopped for a Paul Reed Smith Singlecut in the past year or so, you’ve undoubtedly been disappointed to learn that the guitar has been unavailable since 2004. PRS ceased production of the guitar—and of all its single-cutaway guitars, including the Mark Tremonti models—while it waited out a lengthy trademark infringement suit with Gibson Guitars. If the production holdup was bothersome to PRS, it was downright unbearable for the thousands of guitarists who were deprived of these most excellent instruments. Fortunately, the long wait is over, and PRS is once again manufacturing its single-cutaway models. Not surprisingly, the temporary unavailability of the guitars may have actually increased demand for them. As the saying goes, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah, I coudn't believe it when the original ruling came out in favor of Gibson - I mean, nobody even remotely knowledgeable about instruments like PRS and Gibson would ever mistake the two. Gibson embodies corporate greed at it's worst sometimes, and this is coming from someone who loves their guitars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Read my blog about my recent encounter with a 2K $ Gibson SG ... I wanted to strangle someone... PRS actually gives a damn about Q.C and making a guitar playable out of the box, Crap at this point Jay Turser gives a damn about Q.C !!!

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
This is almost identical to the whole Larry DiMarzio and creme bobbins case. It can be easily overturned but no one wants to pay the legal fees............

·
Registered
126 Posts
Imported_goods said:
Yeah, I coudn't believe it when the original ruling came out in favor of Gibson - I mean, nobody even remotely knowledgeable about instruments like PRS and Gibson would ever mistake the two. Gibson embodies corporate greed at it's worst sometimes, and this is coming from someone who loves their guitars.
i get what your saying, the original judge was obviously blind or stupid.
i say let the makers battle it out the old fashioned way by selling thier wares and making them as good as possible.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Even though I love my Gibsons, I think this is great news.
I've never had the opportunity to try a singlecut, but all the other PRS's I've tried have been beautiful instruments.

·
Premium Member
13,062 Posts
imbackagain2 said:
thats my prs

What's with the crutches. Fall of the stage when you winding out ? :D

P.S. Nice axe - I've always like the PRS blue

1 - 10 of 10 Posts