The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my local guitar shop to look around and ended up buying an amp + cab......while I was waiting for the amp and accessories to be gathered, I was playing a few guitars and some acoustics and the manager comes by and says "try this one" - a PRS Tonare.

Well, I was absolutely blown away. I had tried acoustic SE's a while back and found them to be nice but nothing to write home about. A sticker price of $900 and thought "no brainer".

While I was going to the cash, I was even more surprised to find out that it comes equipped with Fishman electronics and a hard shell case. Really? Wow.

Chinese made but frets are perfect, plays and sounds fabulous. With US tariffs on Chinese imports coming, this guitar may be worth a fortune!

This is apparently a new model and it hangs with guitars 4 to 5 times the price tag.

Definately worth checking out.

Musical instrument String instrument Guitar String instrument Plucked string instruments
Guitar String instrument Musical instrument Plucked string instruments String instrument
String instrument Musical instrument Guitar String instrument Plucked string instruments
String instrument Musical instrument String instrument Guitar Plucked string instruments

·
Registered
18,593 Posts
I went to my local guitar shop to look around and ended up buying an amp + cab......while I was waiting for the amp and accessories to be gathered, I was playing a few guitars and some acoustics and the manager comes by and says "try this one" - a PRS Tonare.

Well, I was absolutely blown away. I had tried acoustic SE's a while back and found them to be nice but nothing to write home about. A sticker price of $900 and thought "no brainer".

While I was going to the cash, I was even more surprised to find out that it comes equipped with Fishman electronics and a hard shell case. Really? Wow.

Chinese made but frets are perfect, plays and sounds fabulous. With US tariffs on Chinese imports coming, this guitar may be worth a fortune!

This is apparently a new model and it hangs with guitars 4 to 5 times the price tag.

Definately worth checking out.

View attachment 190985 View attachment 190993 View attachment 191001 View attachment 191009
That is beautiful.

Just a side note; don't we think it's time to drop the "it's Chinese but". They have some real craftsmen there. While they make cheap stuff for the cheap market, they make outstandingly good guitars and other musical instruments for the discerning player.

Reactions: StratCat
1 - 5 of 5 Posts