The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all know or most of you I am on the hunt for an S2.

What was the best yr for this particular guitar?

I want to buy the best one I can afford.

For those who own one pls tell me what you like the most and least about your PRS. Do they have any issues that I need to be aware of. Ex. My SG is neck heavy and while I have gotten used to it, it’s still annoying at times. Any issues.

BTW what is the difference between the S2 and the SE Models.

What else should I be enlightened about before I purchase.

I am getting a used one.

·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts
There is no best year, IMO.

S2 is USA made, SE are korean.

L&M has a singlecut standard (no maple cap) with bird inlays for $1050. I'd be trying to buy that myself (it's the "fancier" version of mine) if there wasn't something else in the works. Great deal!

I've been gigging my singlecut satin for two years. All I added was straplocks. Decide if you want a model with dot inlays or birds, the birds will be more expensive (and a flame top not plain). I'll recommend S2's all day.

L

·
0 Posts
If I were to get another PRS, it would be either a core Mira, S2 Vela or SE Custom 22 Semi Hollow.

·
Registered
9,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I were to get another PRS, it would be either a core Mira, S2 Vela or SE Custom 22 Semi Hollow.
I have some homework to do. Thx for the suggestions Laristotle.

I need to be as informed as possible.

L

·
0 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with any PRS. IMO.
It comes down to your budget and which model you like.

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 63 SG Standard, 62 Fender Princeton and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,192 Posts
You can't pick a bad PRS, quality control is great. Just find a configuration and price that works for you and you're golden. Biggest decision may be the neck profile.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Check this out Lola,

Phil’s videos are great. He said in another video that he is done buying the PRS Core series and says the S2 is almost the same guitar for half the price. Have a look at the video and then get out and play some. Sounds like some are better than others.

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 63 SG Standard, 62 Fender Princeton and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,192 Posts
Reactions: Lola

·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts
??
So the SE had a different profile compared to the S2?
Cant say I really noticed. They're all comfortable, but generally one is more comfortable than the other two.

·
Registered
9,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cant say I really noticed. They're all comfortable, but generally one is more comfortable than the other two.
I played a 2018 S2 at my local L&M and I instantly fell in love with not just how gorgeous this guitar was to look but play. It fit me like a glove. I felt at home instantly as soon as I starting playing. Very comparable to my Parker’s fret board comfort wise. The perfect sized neck for my grip. Comfortable, very!

The reason I asked about the “best” year for this guitar was because my Parker’s best year that it was built in was 2004 just before Ken Parker. My guitar was built on the 2nd of April and Ken sold the business in September of that year. After that the quality of his epic guitars started to go south a bit. I thank my lucky stars all the time for having found this guitar. A forever love affair.

And........now you know! Lol

I am so excited to get my hands on a PRS S2!!

·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts
Which model did you play?

·
Registered
12,315 Posts
I played a 2018 S2 at my local L&M and I instantly fell in love with not just how gorgeous this guitar was to look but play. It fit me like a glove. I felt at home instantly as soon as I starting playing. Very comparable to my Parker’s fret board comfort wise. The perfect sized neck for my grip. Comfortable, very!

The reason I asked about the “best” year for this guitar was because my Parker’s best year that it was built in was 2004 just before Ken Parker. My guitar was built on the 2nd of April and Ken sold the business in September of that year. After that the quality of his epic guitars started to go south a bit. I thank my lucky stars all the time for having found this guitar. A forever love affair.

And........now you know! Lol

I am so excited to get my hands on a PRS S2!!
so...when can w expect to see an ngd thread complete with pics?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts