The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard great things about these instruments and have one in my sights. Just wondering what a reasonable price for a pre-S2 model, transparent finish with moon inlays, in superb shape, and w/ OHSC would be?

·
Premium Member
16,668 Posts
$1200 tops I think. The ones for $1400 seem to sit for a bit.

I want one, but its not in the cards right now :(

·
Registered
570 Posts
I love my core Miras (I have three)... they're light, lively, kick-butt rock'n'roll guitars... and the pickups split very nicely...

They used to run pretty cheap used - about $1000 before our dollar tanked against the US$... That said, in a world where the (imo lesser) S2 version now sells for nearly $1700 + tax new, I think Budda's pricing is pretty accurate... I sure wouldn't sell any of mine for less...

·
Premium Member
16,668 Posts
That one has been up for a while if im not mistaken (6 months kind of a while at least). If its clean its worth that much to someone. If you want one for less they are out there.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
The Mira is a nice guitar. I was very interested in getting one several years ago but ended up with an SG Std. Very similar guitars but the edge goes to the Mira for build quality and functionality - at least a hundred bucks worth so if the math works for ya .........................

L

·
0 Posts
That one has been up for a while if im not mistaken (6 months kind of a while at least).
I tried a trade offer with him a while back when he first started posting it.
He said that it's 1 of 50 Santana Mira's (legit model. note the headstock shape).

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I got an 07 Mira for a steal.

I probably play it the most of all my guitars. It's not as great sounding to my ears as my DGT, but the Mira is more comfortable for me.

Very light responsive guitar. Neck wobbles a lot when you play. It likely wouldn't take much to break it off with a big neck bend (I don't do that).

My is only 6.5lbs or so.

·
Premium Member
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried a trade offer with him a while back when he first started posting it.
He said that it's 1 of 50 Santana Mira's (legit model. note the headstock shape).
Oh, ok, that wasn't mentioned to me. It was presented simply as a Mira Core model...

·
Premium Member
16,668 Posts
Honestly an S2 isnt going to be a lesser guitar IMO. If you find a used one, it's a solid bet. My S2 has taken everything I throw at it.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,553 Posts
I had 2 2008's, sold my 2nd one last year, cash off kijiji, $1200 but it was pristine like almost unplayed not a mark on it, and I thought/knew I did very well. They're excellent guitars and, I am NOT disagreeing with B ^^ but the prior model has a little more feature wise.

I liked a lot about them, very lightweight and comfortable. For me a standout feature was that the coil split was outstanding, best I've ever heard.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Steadfastly said:
You could get this one shipped to Watertown for just under $1100.00.

PRS S2 Mira Solid Body Electric Guitar

Except for the fact it states that it doesn't ship to Canada.
The member lives in Kingston. Watertown is a short drive from Kingston across the border in the USA. Thus ends the geography lesson for Thursday, May 25th, 2017. :D

·
Super Moderator
15,779 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts