The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guitar is giving me some serious GAS. I played one way back in December at The Guitar Shop in Mississauga and it was amazing. I didn't have the cash for it then and they aren't really that common, so I haven't seen one since.

Fast forward to today and I just played one on my lunch and the GAS is back...bigtime.

·
Premium Member
16,624 Posts
There is a reason I havent even tried to find one to try yet.

That reason is because I cannot afford one.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a reason I havent even tried to find one to try yet.

That reason is because I cannot afford one.
There is supposedly one in stock at Cosmo's, as well. I like the colour a bit better than the one at LM that I tried this afternoon, so I'm going to head up there and check it out. I find Cosmo's stock photos wash out guitars a bit, as it's listed as a McCarty burst, but looks more like honey. Either that, or it's just a really light burst. The one downtown is the dark black gold wrap burst (also very nice). If the Cosmo one feels as good as the one at LM, it will be very hard to resist. The one at LM was surprisingly light.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I owned one - very much in the Les Paul camp even with the extra cutaway.

There are a few at TGS. I'm hoping PRS comes out with a trem model.

View attachment 113353
I remember yours. I was hoping it wouldn't sell so quickly back when it did. I had a couple of things to move at the time and they didn't move fast enough.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
You'd grab one at l&m not tgs?
Either would be fine, L&M is just massively more convenient. TGS is a bitch for me to get to because of their hours, especially in the summer with going out of town most weekends and the guitar I liked there back in December is long gone. The 594 at L&M Bloor is really nice, plays well and is light (and I like the gold wrap burst better than the one that's currently available at TGS). Also, it's a ten minute drive from my house. Cosmo's isn't looking good for tonight, either. The rain is causing havoc with the traffic and Google Maps is putting the drive at an more than an hour.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
$5k ? Nope, and I'm a fan of PRS.
It's a pricey one, but it's calling to me all the same. I'll have to spend some more time with it in the store before I make my decision, but the damn GAS hasn't gone away in 8 months...

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not the same guitar. The scale length, pickups, neck profile, bridge and controls are all different. If I liked the standard McCarty, there are a few at good prices on Kijiji here around Toronto.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Super Moderator
15,722 Posts
It's a pricey one, but it's calling to me all the same. I'll have to spend some more time with it in the store before I make my decision, but the damn GAS hasn't gone away in 8 months...
Oh I understand completely. I've likely had 10 - 15 PRSi over the years. All I have left are my Cu24, SE Angelus, and SE Bernie Marsden. The Marsden is as good as most of the US mades that I've had.

·
Super Moderator
15,722 Posts
Not the same guitar. The scale length, pickups, neck profile, bridge and controls are all different. If I liked the standard McCarty, there are a few at good prices on Kijiji here around Toronto.
Yep, didn't catch it in time :)

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I didn't get it. They have two at Cosmo's and I tried both a Gold Top and a Honey (labelled McCarty burst, but there's no burst so I think it might be a mistake). The Honey was lighter and a looker, but didn't resonate quite so much. The Goldie seemed more lively. Could be string age, too. Plugged in, I'd be very hard-pressed to tell them apart. I also liked the neck on the Honey ever-so-slightly more, but not quite enough to drop five big ones. I'm gonna have to go to L&M and spend some more time with the other one and also make the trek out to TGS, I suppose. Even if I don't end up getting one, it might at least calm my GAS a bit to try them and decide.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Start saving your shekels now & hopefully when a used one comes along (trust me, one will come along) your piggy bank will be full.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I'm not a big PRS fan but a few of my buddies own/have owned these and they are supposably the most Lester-like of any PRS.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts