The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Proper Tele Scale Length?

3472 Views 10 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Lowtones
What's the proper scale length for a Tele style guitar?And from what points is it to be measured?I'm building one and I think the bridge might be located incorrectly,because I can't get it to intonate:mad:
Any help with this would be appreciated.Pleasetry to keep the mockery to a minimum.

Thanks,

Scott
1 - 4 of 11 Posts
Thanks,man.I really appreciate the info!I'mkinda struggling with this thing at the moment.:mad: Hopefully I'll be able to get all the wrinkles ironed out soon.

Thanks,

Scott
THanks!

Thanks for all the input guys,it turns out I came up exactly 1/2" short!I could catch it w/the saddles,but they would need to go VERY far back,and it would be cheesy to not fix it right.I'll post some pics after I perform surgery!

Thanks again,

Scott
Lowtones said:
If you want I can send you a paper copy of the body template with the correct positioning of the bridge indicated. I will copy it from one of my templates and mail it to you. It will also give you the true centerline of the body. [email protected] if you are interested. Heck I just noticed that you are only thirty minutes away from my place. If you want to drop by to set it with the template just let me know.
Excellent!Just promise not to heckle my hack building trademarks: I.E. holes drilled wherever the hell the drill hit the front and/or back of the guitar,'eyeball' measurement techniques,etc.!
I really appreciate the offer,but we're in the middle of prepping our house for sale right now,so the Tele is on the back burner for a couple of weeks.I'll definitely let you know when I get some free time,though.

Thanks a bunch!

Scott
1 - 4 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.