The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cruising on Ebay a few weeks ago and came upon these guitar bodies with set necks. There were five in total that were up for grabs on 5 different listings. The first few went for over 100.00 but the last two , one of which I picked up, went fairly cheap. Cost me 42.00 + 40 shippng. With parts sitting around the shop this is what turned out.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

It kind of reminds me of a Fernandes style body. I love the blue...

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Couple more pics. Just waiting for back covers to arrive, cream coloured.

[/IMG]

Cool looking headstock, grovers installed.

[/IMG]

It plays really nice but I haven't had a chance to test the lipstick HB's out in a live performance yet.

·
Registered
14,753 Posts
Great score--if nothing else it looks cool. I love the colour.
And the pickups look great.

That's hard to beat price wise--82 bucks all together plus stuff in your shop?
Excuse me, I'm going to have to go surf Ebay now.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Awesome deal. Looks great. I wish I had noticed those. Is that a Fernandes body or just a copy??

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe it is a copy, likely chinese. Wouldn't be a real Fernandes at that price. Still it feels really good to play, not sure about the pups yet, and it was cheap. Yes it looks like the Ravelle but there are differences. It came painted and the body had the binding. National music were auctioning them off. Sometimes when there are multiple auctions for the same type if you watch the ones ending last you can catch a good deal.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Very Ravelle like. Sometimes a guitar like this can be an amazing player / tone monster. Best of luck with it.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great... it will set the mood. Interested to see how this is going to sound, I'll bring Blackie just in case...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice looking guitar. The PuPs are really good looking and fit the style of the guitar really well.

I was given a Samick (dont know what model or when it was made) to have as a project guitar. Got it home, cleaned it up, plugged it in and decided that it didnt need anything done, it is a great player and a good looking guitar.

Think carefully before you take a knife to the guitar, it looks astounding the way it is. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I have one of those GFS Pro-tubes in a guitar I made (wired in series/parallel) and really love it. Yours is the only other guitar I have seen a set of them in-do you like them as much as I do?
-Mikey
P.S. The whole guitar looks GREAT!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I really don't plan on taking a knife to this guitar, the only thing I might do is swap pups but that is undecided as of yet. The tubes sound good in the shop, I have tried them through my garnet and ampeg. They have lots of output, great spank to them and there quiet. I'm going to take the guitar out to our open mic night and see how it does in live situation. I'll update after the gig.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just checking on ebay and there are more.... :eek: even in silver. Some have a BIN price of 94.95 Cdn and some are open bids.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I just read their shipping description. How was yours shipped - Fedex Ground or USPS? Did you have to pay duties and more importantly BROKERAGE fee? I have a few extra parts looking for a new home so I may pick one of these up just for the hell of it.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They shipped USPS ground took about 8 days. No extra charges when valued at 42.00 . Came in a box well packed. Even at the BIN price they are worth it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts