The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I have a Traynor YCV80 amp and I recently used it at a gig on Friday night and everything was functioning normally. Yesterday when I fired it up at home, I noticed that the reverb is non-existant.

The amp has an Accutronics spring tank at the bottom of it. I'm wondering if a wire has come loose somewhere in the circuit or if the actual tank itself has just died. It's a really odd thing to happen.

I'm afraid it's something serious, as the amp is no longer under warranty (4 years old). I don't even want to know how much it will cost to send it to Missisauga, get it repaired and then sent back to me.

Does anyone know what could possibly be the problem?

:thanks5qx:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeff Flowerday said:
I presume the reverb is tube driven, you might have a tube failure. I don't have a clue which tube is which, maybe someone else can help you figure that out.

Jeff
You know, I did open up the amp yesterday and saw that one preamp and one power amp tube had been completely burnt out. It seems really strange, because I replaced them in October. I think Traynor needs to put a better cooling mechanism in there in the next round of amplifiers. Even a crappy little CPU fan will help it out.

Hmm... I'm out of town right now, but I'll be sure to check that out when I get back.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GuitarsCanada said:
Problem resolved Frank?

Did you come over and fix it?!?!

:p

The weirdest thing:

I hadn't gotten it fixed since the original post, and have done total tube changes (running EL84s w/ Yellowjackets), and nothing changed. I just assumed the whole tank had gone shotty and would need replacing. Anyways, I just got used to not having reverb, and decided I'd get it fixed before I get back into another band.

Well anyways, I was away this weekend, and it was scorching hot out, and my room is a bit of a sauna when it's like that. I came back TODAY, and your post karma must have done something.

The reverb is working just fine now. Full range, everything. As though it never happened.

It's the weirdest thing, and even weirder that you mentioned it.

IN Fact, I came here to post about it. :rockon2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts