The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The fellow who recently purchased my CS Jr sent me a link & video of this luthier's work on that specific instrument. The guitar had significant "nitro burn" from a wall hanger, which was unfortunate as the guitar was in otherwise remarkable condition. Anyway, the luthier is Ted Woodford, in Hamilton, and I was astonished to find out his charge to do the work seen in the video (plus a complete set up, in just a few days) was $100! I don't even want to consider what 12thFret might have charged or how long it would have been with them. I have to say, after watching the video, I was suitably impressed. Anyway, here's a link to his site as well: woodfordinstruments

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
The fellow who recently purchased my CS Jr sent me a link & video of this luthier's work on that specific instrument. The guitar had significant "nitro burn" from a wall hanger, which was unfortunate as the guitar was in otherwise remarkable condition. Anyway, the luthier is Ted Woodford, in Hamilton, and I was astonished to find out his charge to do the work seen in the video (plus a complete set up, in just a few days) was $100! I don't even want to consider what 12thFret might have charged or how long it would have been with them. I have to say, after watching the video, I was suitable impressed. Anyway, here's a link to his site as well: woodfordinstruments

That was so impressive! This guy is absolutely super talented. That looks very tedious but I am a big fan of anything tedious. Beautiful workmanship.

I would love to give that a try. I just know I would be good at it.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Thanks for posting. I'm not one to fix chips and rub marks, but it is good to know of another qualified/reasonably priced tech in southern Ontario.

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
That's an amazing deal considering fixing the ding on my Parker is $1.25 a minute. Hubby volunteered $ to get my guitar looking pristine.

I told him not to bother as the small ding adds character to it. He said it should be perfect. I told him to knock himself out.

Most likely do this in January as I won't have the guitar for two weeks.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Nice! That was a great job. I don't do finish repairs either. I just never got into it and colour matching is kind of an art.

Another guy you may want to check out it Dave Rheume in Toronto. He has a You Tube channel "Dave's World of Fun Stuff" and is on Facebook too. He has a lot of videos on his channel so you can easily check out his work. He is also the bass player for Luke and the Apostles, a local blues band.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Dave just finished my Axis and did a phenomenal job. Now it finally plays correct, and what a difference.
It was well worth the drive to Toronto (and he did a vid as well ill include the link once he puts it on you tube).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts