The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about selling my Strat and I'm trying to figure out what price I should ask (I wont be selling it on here - will be selling it locally). So, 2003 Sunburst American Series strat in good condition. Any ideas on how much should I be asking?

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
Thinking about selling my Strat and I'm trying to figure out what price I should ask (I wont be selling it on here - will be selling it locally). So, 2003 Sunburst American Series strat in good condition. Any ideas on how much should I be asking?
The prices for these have been drifting down a bit lately, with the dollar going up. Most were going for about 900, the last couple I've seen were about 750.

·
Banned
5,368 Posts
i bought a 2005 50th anniversary MINT for 600$ and a 87 standard for 650$. it's a weird market right now. i've seen the 87 sell for almst 1500$ on closed auction on ebay because it's good year. I would sugest keeping her until things seddle down a bit, a few years, unless you're in need for cash.

·
Premium Member
13,026 Posts
Over at our American counterpart, The Gear Page, some seem to feel that for various reasons (the economy, the dollar, the subprime crisis, etc.) there are a larger number of guitars on the market. If is becoming soft for sellers and more of a buyers market. In addition, if could also be a correction in the guitar market, which has been very hot in the previous few years. Whatever.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments so far. I would agree that prices are dropping for used gear - why buy used, when you can get it brand new for a couple of hundred bucks more? Someone had a really nice 2001 Les Paul Standard for sale in Ottawa for $1600 - thats way cheaper than I've seen in a while.

I'll probably just hold onto it for now. Maybe I'll put it up for interesting trade offers - like the Seinfeld episode:

Kramer, pulling out an undershirt: "And I'm glad I did. Here."
Jerry: "You want to trade me an undershirt?"
Kramer: "No, I want to trade you screen legend Anthony Quinn's undershirt. He
took this off to do sit-ups in the park and I nabbed it."
Jerry: "That's disgusting."
Kramer: "Well, it's my final offer."

·
Banned
1,195 Posts
american series are getting $650-800 in good shape on the gear page. a sunburst is an upcharge, and if it's in great shape, and since it's a fairly recent guitar and will have the rolled edges, i'd say $750-800 is fair for a fast sale. you can always ask more, a lot of people still pay too much for a used strat, and happily.

·
Registered
88 Posts
american series are getting $650-800 in good shape on the gear page. a sunburst is an upcharge, and if it's in great shape, and since it's a fairly recent guitar and will have the rolled edges, i'd say $750-800 is fair for a fast sale. you can always ask more, a lot of people still pay too much for a used strat, and happily.
You can buy all the parts total for an New but dismantled American 07 and put it together for about 630-650cdn and that includes S&H and customs and taxes-I know cause I did it from reliablefender on ebay for fun that was everything but the strap buttons and strings...and of course the labour.

So I would have to agree as long as it is complete and in VG condition with the Fender HSC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts