The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been offered a trade involving a G&L Asat Classic Tribute. I have played Tributes before and know they are pretty nice guitars, but I am having trouble tracking down typical used prices. Since searches keep failing to separate the tribute series from the USA line, I thought I would see if there is anyone here 'in the know.'

This particular guitar is made in Indonessia, meaning it is a newer build. It looks to be in good shape (haven't seen it in person yet), comes with a hard shell case, tobacco sunburst colour. It looks like the guitar below.

Any idea what these are typically worth used? It seems they sell new for around $700-750 CDN but I know G&L do not hold their value as well as Fenders do.

Any help appreciated,
TG

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
as far as I know typical asking used prices are around $500. The cheapest I have seen are around $300
Those are asking kijiji prices. I don't really know what are real sale prices.

hope this helps.
yours truly
Bojan

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
You can go to reverb.com they have a feature which shows how many of a particular item sold as well as all the prices.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! They hold their value better than I thought. I'm just not sure a trade for a vintage Traynor YGM-3 is completely even but I will check it out a bit more. The problem is asking price and price received are not always the same. I'll see if reverb helps clear that up.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
I've seen them new on MF for $300.00 or $399.00 USD.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Its actually a pretty even trade if you go buy what stuff sells for on Kijiji. Plus, they are amazing guitars and are equal to any guitar priced 10x more.

What I always do in these trade situations, is ask for 150$ cash extra, as your amp is vintage after all.....
It all depends on whether or not you are looking for a really good guitar to keep, or a guitar to flip. If you aren't planning on keeping it, keep the Traynor and wait a month or so until you get that buyer who knows what it is and will pay the 350-400$ that they sell for on Kijiji.
Cheers

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Really!!! For an ASAP classic tribute?
Yes, they were putting them on the Stupid Deal of the Day quite often about six months or so ago. Go search some of my threads under Kijiji alerts and you should find one or two. You can likely get 15% off almost anytime by calling and asking.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I have always wanted a Tele so I am not thinking of this trade as an instant flip. I think it would only be an 'even' straight up trade if I give him the upper most end of the price scale for his guitar and accept the lowest end of price scale for mine. I'll see if he will add cash but pass if he isn't willing.

TG

1 - 16 of 16 Posts