The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an idea what a Clapton 7Up body with AVRI maple 7.25 neck and Tex Mex pickups with hard case would be worth? In Ottawa at a used guitar shop.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
I think 750.00 is a good price,but it going to be listed at 999.99,a little to much.Let it sit for a bit,maybe they'll lower the price.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
That's my favourite colour of Clapton Strat. Love it. But it's also the most polarizing of Clapton Strat colours. Sellers will always tell you how rare it is but rare doesn't always equal top dollar. I don't think the green guitar market is what it used to be :) I'd say $700 - $850. Do you mind if I ask what the guitar shop is asking?

Reactions: marcos

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
That's my favourite colour of Clapton Strat. Love it. But it's also the most polarizing of Clapton Strat colours. Sellers will always tell you how rare it is but rare doesn't always equal top dollar. I don't think the green guitar market is what it used to be :) I'd say $700 - $850. Do you mind if I ask what the guitar shop is asking?

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What Wayne said: 1000.00 I think its worth 750.00 on a good day. Have not made an offer yet but will have another look at it Monday

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Lately I’ve been losing sleep over a 7Up Green Clapton I passed up at Songbird in Ottawa 25 years ago. It was cheap b/c of the colour - I wanted black, as did everyone else it seems, but the 7Up has since grown on me.

I’m currently acquiring the bits for a 7Up “54” partscaster & will easily have $1200+ into it. Mind you I’m going with all top shelf parts (MJT body, Callaham bridge, etc.) but if the frets are in good shape I’d gladly pay $800+ for that guitar. Sell the Tex Mex loaded guard for $100 & drop in some decent pickups. What kind of case is included?

·
Premium Member
18,789 Posts
Is this something like the guitar being discussed?

This green in new to me...my guitar knowledge is very limited.

7Up is certainly an accurate descriptor!

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
I'm with you Greco. I've never seen that color, but now that I have, I want one!! Gorgeous color!!

·
Premium Member
18,576 Posts
Give me that colour with a blacked out pickguard and we're in business.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lately I’ve been losing sleep over a 7Up Green Clapton I passed up at Songbird in Ottawa 25 years ago. It was cheap b/c of the colour - I wanted black, as did everyone else it seems, but the 7Up has since grown on me.

I’m currently acquiring the bits for a 7Up “54” partscaster & will easily have $1200+ into it. Mind you I’m going with all top shelf parts (MJT body, Callaham bridge, etc.) but if the frets are in good shape I’d gladly pay $800+ for that guitar. Sell the Tex Mex loaded guard for $100 & drop in some decent pickups. What kind of case is included?
Not sure what case comes with it

1 - 20 of 29 Posts