The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
President Trump Signs Music Modernization Act Into Law

At long last the Music Modernization Act was signed into law today by President Donald Trump,
witnessed by a smattering of industry executives and such recordings artists as Kid Rock and
John Rich, the president's besties.

After an effort that began years ago and was renewed last year, the compromise legislation, which
ultimately took much more compromise than the initial version of the bill anticipated, will present
a whole new set of business conditions on the music publishing industry that hopefully will be worth
with the reward of higher rates for songwriters and publishers.

"The Music Modernization Act closes loopholes in our digital royalties laws to ensure that songwriters,
artists and producers receive fair payment for licensing of music," Trump said just before signing the law.
"I've been reading about this for many years and never thought I'd be involved in it, but I got involved in it.
They were treated very unfairly. They're not going to be treated unfairly anymore."

·
Premium Member
16,829 Posts
Yep. I could have been on several tours of B’way musicials in the States, but the hassle and cost of getting a P2 for that is a real barrier.
This sounds like it pays directly, which is mostly the opposite of DIY touring haha. I would have done the P2!

Edit: worth noting our singer takes care of the paperwork.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts