The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! A couple of months ago I had a cool opportunity to A/B a pre-PGB Two-Rock Jet with the newer Two-Rock Studio Signature. I'd heard that the older TRs were much better for that JM tone but I had my heart set on a Studio Sig (which is what I kept in the end). But I got to see the differences myself and they were much more audible than I thought they would be. So I just wanted to share it here in case anyone was curious. It's a long-ash video but I've got time stamps there :)

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A few people asked me, so I thought I'd put it here. I kept the studio signature instead of the Jet because I found the tone shaping a bit more versatile and I always get all my overdrive from pedals anyway. I'm used to that. Though that overdrive channel in the Jet really did make me wish the studio sig had one haha

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My favourite tones were with the TRSS around the 16 th minute mark. The KTR and vibe tones were cool as well. Two great amps and my choice would be the TRSS as well.
Thanks for watching Alex! :) Yeah I love the slow dancing tones from the TRSS. It's got that "bigness" but it isn't too dark, especially to use with just fingers. Adding the KTR to me is like switching on the bright switch but still having the board work better with my fuzz pedal. Even that presence knob makes it so versatile too. Yeah, I love my TRSS :)

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's another comparison! Probably the last one for a bit since I only have one amp now. Though saying it like that does immeasurable disservice to the Studio Signature haha

Shot it super quick right before I met the buyer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts